How to exclude categories from the advanced list widget?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO How to exclude categories from the advanced list widget?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Greg
    Participant

The advanced upcoming events sidebar widget allows for selecting an individual category or “all events” (if you want to show all categories). My client has a “vacation” category that they don’t want shown on the sidebar widget. I tried adding in a simple if/else statement to the widget file (events-advanced-list-load-widget-display.php) but it only sort of works.

Yes, it does not show any event from the vacation category but it still counts those hidden events in the number of events to “show” in the widget (ie. I have it set to show 4 events and if there is 1 vacation entry I am left with only 3 events showing… it’s still counting the one vacation entry). Any ideas?

Greg
    Participant

Here is the if/else statement that I tried using (without the “php” tags so it will display here):

Greg
    Participant

Sorry, it’s not letting me put the code in. Here it is on pastebin:
    http://pastebin.com/e5qidUMq

Rob

Thanks for sharing, Greg. Sorry about the code issue…you should be able to drop it in correctly with the < code > tag. That’d look like this:

My sample code.

The point you’ve raised here is a good one. Though outside my area of expertise, I’ve asked Jonah to chime in today.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Greg, can you please also post the pa_in_taxonomy() function so I can see what you’ve got for that?

Greg
    Participant

Do you mean this: http://pastebin.com/e5qidUMq ?

Greg
    Participant

It’s essentially “if (pa_in_taxonomy(‘tribe_events_cat’, ‘Vacation’))”.

Jonah
    Participant

No, it looks like you’ve got a custom function in the above code ‘pa_in_taxonomy()’ – where is this from and what does it do?

Greg
    Participant

To be honest, I can’t find that function anywhere in my code. I thought that I got that from you in a post on this forum in regards to looking up categories. The categories are all in taxonomies and I swear that all I did was try the code that you had shown someone else here.

Greg
    Participant
    Greg
    Participant

And, I have it in my functions.php file for my theme. Sorry, I was having difficulty locating it.

Jonah
    Participant

Gotcha, ok thanks. Which file are you editing for the advanced upcoming events sidebar widget?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘How to exclude categories from the advanced list widget?’ is closed to new replies.