How to edit the Add an event login form.

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events How to edit the Add an event login form.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Dan Miller
    Participant

I am trying to add a custom message and some styling to the attached form.

See form here

Something along the lines of this for the themes functions.php file, but for the events form that is generated. Please advise.

function custom_login_message() {
    $message = '<p class="message">Welcome, if you haven\'t already read our <a href="#">terms of service</a> please do so before you register.</p><br />';
    return $message;
    }
    add_filter('login_message', 'custom_login_message');
    Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for using Community Events.

We do not have the filter setup for our login form on the Community Event Page. So that coding will not work.

You could use this action:

tribe_events_community_form_before_template

And add a message that way.

Does that work?

Dan Miller
    Participant

Where would I find where just the login form is generated so I can include this code? I’ve only been able to locate the file that generates the whole event submission form {edit-event.php}.

Brian
    Keymaster

The login form is not generated in the view files so if you edit it your are editing core files and have to make those changes every time.

You can put it on this template at the top: edit-event.php

Then you could wrap it with a check for the person being logged in to show the message only for people that see the login form.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/is_user_logged_in

Dan Miller
    Participant

I can only get it to output the message when logged in with this suggestion. I still always get the default verbiage “Please log in.” on the attached (above) screenshot. I have kind of given up and this and say well enough alone.

I have ran into a new problem, my main login for wordpress expects a mathematical value for CAPTCHA, but I can not get it to show on your login form, so it rejects the log in and returns you to the main log in, which is okay but pretty bad for UX. How can I get it to add the CAPTCHA value to the login form community generates?

Dan Miller
    Participant

Sorry to be a little more clear, here is where the community events login page fails and goes to because the CAPTCHA is missing.

Trying to login at http://sportsguidemag.com/events/community/add/

Directs me to here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9454564/Screen%20Shot%202015-02-23%20at%2011.23.50%20AM.png

Brian
    Keymaster

Ok I understand what you are trying to do and sorry for the late reply.

Unfortunately, the login form we use does not have a filters or hooks to modify.

You could instead where you add the message do your own check for logged in before our form and then place your form there with the CAPTCHA.

Brian
    Keymaster

Since there is has not been any activity on this thread for over 2 weeks so I am now closing it. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘How to edit the Add an event login form.’ is closed to new replies.