How to edit default template without losing side bar

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO How to edit default template without losing side bar

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Joe
    Participant

Hello there. I tried to edit the default events template by copying default-template.php to my tribe-events folder in my child theme. But when I do this (without making any changes) I lose the event side bar. Any ideas?

Thanks

Geoff

Hi Joe and welcome back. 🙂

Good question. When the default-template.php file is added to the theme, then it will assume your custom template is what you want to use for the calendar instead of one of your theme’s page templates.

You can get the sidebar into the template by adding the sidebar code for it in the template. If you open up one of your theme’s page templates (e.g. page.php) then that likely will contain the code you are looking for and you can add it to the calendar template where you would like it to appear.

Will this help you get started? Please let me know.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘How to edit default template without losing side bar’ is closed to new replies.