How to edit admin-views/meta-box?

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events How to edit admin-views/meta-box?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Monica Israels
    Participant

I would like to edit the meta-box content that shows on the Submit an Event form (community/add) for Community Events. I have read that you can’t edit your own versions admin-views — I tried it anyway and it didn’t work. What is the process to do this? I would like to do the following:

1. Change “Add new Ticket” to “Add new Meeting Time”
    2. I’m only doing RSVPs and no selling, so remove “Sell Using”
    3. Change “Ticket Name” to “Meeting Time”
    4. Change “Ticket Description” to “How to Find You”
    5. Remove “Start sale”
    6. Remove “End sale”
    7. Change “Stock” to “Maximum Number of Attendees”
    8. Change the “Save this Ticket” button to “Save this Meeting Time”

What is the best way? I am working on a development site that does not have public access. Thanks!

Cliff

Hi, Monica.

You could request this as a new feature (or maybe search to see if the idea was already posted by someone else) at our plugins’ UserVoice page.

This allows others who are interested in that feature to easily voice their support. We frequently review suggestions there to find out which ones are popular, then we implement as many of them as we can.

If you post it / find it, feel free to link to it from here in case anyone comes across this forum thread in the future.

One solution may be to use the translation functionality to rename things as desired. We have this information regarding translations:

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Monica Israels
    Participant

I’ll add my request (I’ve had to edit 5 core files). If I don’t have updates set to automatically happen in WP they won’t automatically happen in TEC, right?

Cliff

Thanks, Monica.

If you are referring to https://codex.wordpress.org/Configuring_Automatic_Background_Updates#Update_Configuration, then the .org plugins (The Events Calendar and/or Event Tickets) won’t auto-update.

I don’t believe the premium plugins do any automatic updating without you clicking in wp-admin to do so.

Monica Israels
    Participant

Great news, thanks!

Cliff

You’re welcome. (Of course, we always recommend restorable database and file backups before modifying anything on your site.)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘How to edit admin-views/meta-box?’ is closed to new replies.