how to easily edit the woocommerce ticket sent to the customer

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus how to easily edit the woocommerce ticket sent to the customer

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    aovivo
    Participant

hi there, first of all – everything seems to run smooth and doable as expected.
    however, i find it hard to customize the template without addind codes and hooks to the files.
    i truely was expecting an html field (such as it was somehow conceyed in the ‘easily to edit html template’ presale…
    unfortunately i am not firm with coding and making changes such as attrifutes, filters etc.
    anyhow, maybe you could implement in the documentation a step by step for the most needed features for a ticket – such as a logo, a short text message, hiding fields and adding some others…
    a video tutorial would be perfect, i think.
    hopefully someone can help out.
    my best regards
    aovivo

Barry

Hi aovivo,

The tickets email basically is a straightforward template (albeit there are also some hooks you can use if you prefer that approach). The original can be found in:

plugins/the-events-calendar/views/tickets/email.php

Noting it lives in the core plugin – The Events Calendar – rather than WooCommerce Tickets. Like other templates it can be overridden by placing a copy in:

themes/your-theme/tribe-events/tickets/email.php

Naturally it contains PHP but otherwise it’s basically just HTML. Does that help at all? If not we’d love to hear more so we can consider improving this part of our existing docs/tutorials.

Thanks!

rnrlaw
    Participant

I came across this post when trying to figure out why the venue website link wasn’t working in the customers ticket email.

I discovered that the href for the venue url anchor tag just has the pound sign for a url. Updating the href of that anchor tag to use <?php echo $venue_web;?> fixes the issue.

This might be something to consider fixing so it works out-of-the-box.

Barry

Definitely, great catch: I’ll log an issue to get this one addressed – thanks for reporting 🙂

Leah

Hi there,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. We weren’t able to get to it for our upcoming 3.8 release, but it is still very much on the radar. We hope to have it fixed in an upcoming release, and we will do our best to keep you posted on our progress. Thanks for your patience and support!

Best,
    Leah
    and the team at Modern Tribe

Leah

Hi there,

Thank you for your support and patience while we worked on this issue. We are happy announce that we have incorporated a fix into our upcoming 3.10 release. Keep an eye out for a release announcement on our site and for updates available on your WordPress dashboard.

While we have thoroughly tested this release and are confident of its quality, it is impossible to account for every edge case in the wide world of WordPress. If you run into trouble with the new version or you don’t see your reported issue corrected, please start a new thread and we will be happy to work with you.

Thanks again for your patience here. We’re excited to get this version out the door and into your hands!

Best,
    The Events Calendar Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘how to easily edit the woocommerce ticket sent to the customer’ is closed to new replies.