How to display the Main Calendar page on a Headway site?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions How to display the Main Calendar page on a Headway site?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    James Czar

So, based on searching the forum, I see that MANY people have had trouble integrating this calendar with sites using the Headway Themes framework. There are many posts about these issues, yet none of them offer solutions or workarounds. And you seem to close all those posts due to lack of response, not because any solution has been offered.

The closest I’ve found is one post on your forum that suggest changing the Calendar setting to use the Default Page Template instead of the Default Events Template. Unfortunately this just loads the Headway Layout for the Blog Index of a site — and if that page doesn’t have a Content Block in it, there is no calendar displayed.

Within Headway you can assign a Layout or Shared Layout to events that are in the The Events Calendar plugin, but you can’t assign a Headway Layout or Shared Layout to the default calendar page.

This is NOT the case with every other calendar plugin I’ve implemented with Headway themed sites. Most of them allow you to assign a Layout/Shared Layout to the main calendar index, or designate a WordPress page as the default calendar page, and then they just display the calendar on that page (that you’ve already created and left blank) in the content area (and then it wraps your existing theme around the main calendar view in the content block).

Right now we’re using Time.ly’s All-in-One Event Calendar, but we’d like to switch to The Events Calendar (likely the Pro version). However, we can’t do this unless we can actually display the main calendar view — the most basic functionality required of a calendar.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for the interest in the Events Calendar Pro.

And yes unfortunately, there is some compatibility issues between us and themes such as Headway.

Part of the issue is as you said we do not have a shortcode to choose a page to run the calendar through we instead use a WordPress archive page to run the main event views from and the more a theme differs from how WordPress has their base themes the more issues that can create (that is not to say either is doing anything wrong).

So the best we can do right now is to head to our UserVoice page and add your vote to Headway Compatibility.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘How to display the Main Calendar page on a Headway site?’ is closed to new replies.