How to display only Venues and Organizers associated with a respective account?

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events How to display only Venues and Organizers associated with a respective account?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    irishrunner16
    Participant

The Use Saved Venue and Use Saved Organizer drop downs both display ALL available venues and organizers. How can I update the Submit an Event form so that the user sees ONLY the venues and organizers associated with their account? The “Use New Venue” or “Use New Organizer” can continue to be shown by default if the user has not previously submitted a Venue or Organizer. (Note that I am not allowing anonymous submissions)

It seems this would be definitely be a possibility given that the dropdowns already display “My Venues” if the user has previously submitted a venue. Unfortunately I’m not familiar enough with coding to make the override myself. Hoping someone can help offer some guidance!

Thanks,
    Sean

Casey
    Participant

Sean,
    Unfortunately, this functionality is not easily implemented without considerable modification to the plugin. If this is something you’d like to see in a future release of the plugin, then please submit this idea to our UserVoice page, so our development team can take it under advisement.

If you feel comfortable writing code and want to take on this customization yourself, you’ll want to start by performing a template override (Instructions) and then looking in ‘modules/venue.php’ and changing the ‘tribe_community_events_venue_select_menu‘ function to use a custom-written function that only returns venues for the user that’s logged in. (NOTE: Any changes you make to the plugin’s core code will be overwritten the next time you update)

Since customizations unfortunately fall out of the scope of support, that’s about all the help I can give you. However, take a look at our extensive documentation, which should help to answer some of your questions.

I hope that gets you started in the right direction! Thanks and let me know if you have further questions!

Cheers,
    Casey

irishrunner16
    Participant

Hey Casey,
    Thanks for the advice. It’s too bad this will be a bit more complicated than I was hoping for, but this definitely helps point me in the right direction for what would need to be changed. Appreciate it!

– Sean

Casey
    Participant

Sean,
    Glad to hear that got you pointed in the direction. Since it looks like you’re all set, I’m going to mark this thread “Answered” and close it out.

By the way, if you have a minute or two, we would love it if you’d write a few words for us here: http://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar?filter=5

Thanks in advance. 🙂

Cheers,
    Casey

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘How to display only Venues and Organizers associated with a respective account?’ is closed to new replies.