How To Display a Buy Now Button next to the Ticket Price

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus How To Display a Buy Now Button next to the Ticket Price

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Lorina
    Participant

Hi 🙂

I am using Easy Digital Downloads plugin with the Pro Ticket Events one and I don’t like how to price is displayed;
    http://gracebelle.com/event/brunch-worship

It’s small and almost easy to miss, I had people think the event is free. I saw in a forum post that someone added a Buy Now button next to the price. How can I do that?

I also want to make the $cost a little bigger.

Thank You

Geoff

Hi Lorena and thanks for reaching out! Welcome to the forums. 🙂

While there isn’t a setting to add a “Buy Now” button next to the ticket price, you could make one and add it to the event template. While we are limited in how much we can support customization questions like this, I’d be happy to at least help point you in the right direction, if I can.

First, off you need to create a copy of the single-event.php template, which is located in the /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/single-event.php.

• Make a new folder in your theme directory called tribe-events
    • Drop your copied single-event.php file in that folder

Now that the template is in your theme, you can customize it to suit your needs. In this case, find this code:

<span class="tribe-events-divider">|</span>
    <span class="tribe-events-cost"><?php echo tribe_get_cost( null, true ) ?></span>

…and change it to:

span class="tribe-events-divider">|</span>
    <span class="tribe-events-cost"><?php echo tribe_get_cost( null, true ) ?></span>
    <span class="tribe-events-divider">|</span>
    <span class="tribe-events-cost"><a href="#buy">Buy Now</a></span>

Then, you do the same thing for the tickets.php file. It’s located in /wp-content/plugins/event-tickets-plus/src/views/eddtickets/tickets.php.

• Make a new folder in the tribe-events folder your create in your theme and call it eddtickets
    • Drop the copied version of tickets.php into that folder

Change this line:

<h2 class="tribe-events-tickets-title"><?php esc_html_e( 'Tickets', 'event-tickets-plus' );?></h2>

…to this:

<h2 id="buy" class="tribe-events-tickets-title"><?php esc_html_e( 'Tickets', 'event-tickets-plus' );?></h2>

That should get you a Buy Now link that links to the ticket form. 🙂

I also want to make the $cost a little bigger.

You can do this with some CSS. Add this to your theme’s style.css file or by using a plugin like Simple Custom CSS:

.single-tribe_events .tribe-events-schedule span {
    font-size: 1.5em !important;
    }

Cheers!
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘How To Display a Buy Now Button next to the Ticket Price’ is closed to new replies.