How to disable organizer on submission form and prevent post submit pop-up?

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events How to disable organizer on submission form and prevent post submit pop-up?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    William Adeimy
    Participant

Hi this post is in response to a previous thread – https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/how-to-disable-organizer-details-on-front-end-submission/ where I made the changes that were suggested and nothing happened except that I received a number of emails from user who said they couldn’t submit their events.

Here’s what I need to do:

1) Delete the “organizer details” option on the event submission form.

2) Prevent the dialogue “are you sure you want to do this?” from popping up after they hit submit. After a user hits submit I need the page to go directly to my custom ‘Thank you’ page.

How do I do this? I followed instructions from the previous post and commenting out did nothing and when I deleted the two lines of code posted below it broke the submission form.

<?php tribe_get_template_part( ‘community/modules/organizer’ ); ?>
    <?php do_action( ‘tribe_events_community_before_form_submit’ ); ?>

Obviously I made some mistakes and I appreciate your attention with helping me delete or comment out the correct parts of the code so my event submissions will be a bit more seamless for my users.

Thanks!

Geoff

Hey William, thanks for getting in touch!

Good question. I would approach this in two steps:

1. Un-require the Organizer field. Here’s a snippet you can use to customize the list of required fields in the Community Events submission form. Remove the organizer option and that will de-register it as a required field.
    2. Hide the Organizer field group. You can do this with a little CSS in your theme’s style.css file: #tribe-community-events #event_organizer { display: none; }

The pop up dialogue is super strange because that’s not included with the Community Events or The Events Calendar plugins as far as I can tell. By chance, are you using some other plugin or perhaps a snippet that adds that functionality to form submissions? Just want to make sure in advance before digging much deeper into that part of it.

Thanks!
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘How to disable organizer on submission form and prevent post submit pop-up?’ is closed to new replies.