How to delete a single event in a series of reoccurring events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO How to delete a single event in a series of reoccurring events

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Cam
    Participant

As the title states – when I try to delete one event, it deletes the entire series. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Rob

Hi Cam. What version of the plugin are you running – can you confirm that you’re on 2.0.3 for both Events Calendar + PRO? There was an issue related to this in earlier releases but it should have been fixed in 2.0.3 and I just was able to confirm this in my test environment. Whether you’re deleting from the broader list or from within the event listing, a pop-up should appear asking whether you want to delete just this sole event or the entire series. Are you not seeing that at all?

Stefan

This happens to me, too. /wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=tribe_events shows a list of events, recurring events are listed multiple times, checking one of them and selecting “move to trash” at the bottom of the list deletes the whole series. No popup.

Stefan

(Version 2.0.3 + 2.0.3 PRO)

Ben
    Participant

I was just wondering if this is possible. It’s now the first time I created a reoccuring event.

I see now that the date is appended to the permalinks. But for the main entry on the blog-page it’s:
    olofstrom-forelasning-om-ekologisk-odling/1970-01-01
    I’m using the hack(?) presented in one of your articles (I think it was) to display events in the blog. Is there some way to avoid the date 1970-01-01 being displayed? It’s not valid, but removing the date gets me to the proper page!

Rob

Stefan: weird, I’m still unable to recreate this issue. Any chance you can take a screencast of what you’re saying (using Jing or another lightweight tool) and then dropping a link to the finished product here? We can attempt to recreate and troubleshoot as needed from there.

Ben: not sure how to avoid that if it’s a product of the back, since that was more a workaround than anything…but if you’re running the 2.0.3 code for both free & PRO this shouldn’t be an issue. Are you on the newest release? And can you confirm that you’ve got pretty permalinks enabled?

Ben
    Participant

Yes, I’m on 2.03 on both. And I’m using this as permalinks “/%post_id%/%postname%” setting. You can test the link here:
    http://ekoblekinge.se/
    http://ekoblekinge.se/evenemanget/olofstrom-forelasning-om-ekologisk-odling/1970-01-01

And I’m using this in functions.php:
    /* Display events in the main loop */
    add_filter(‘pre_get_posts’, ‘query_post_type’);
    function query_post_type($query) {
    if(is_archive() || is_tag() || is_home() && empty( $query->query_vars[‘suppress_filters’] ) ) {
    $post_type = get_query_var(‘post_type’);
    if($post_type)
    $post_type = $post_type;
    else
    $post_type = array(‘post’,’tribe_events’,’attachment’);
    $query->set(‘post_type’,$post_type);
    return $query;
    }
    }

Rob

Alright, thanks for confirming.This is a bit outside my area of expertise but let me see if one of our devs has any suggestions here. I’ll get them to chime in with any thoughts they have when they hit the forum first thing Monday.

Cam
    Participant

I am using 2.0.1, how do I update it to 2.0.3? I have PRO.

Rob

Cam: if you plug your license key in on Settings -> The Events Calendar (and it is verified as legit) you should be given an update prompt on the plugins list. Can you give that a go and let me know what it turns up?

Cam
    Participant

I have the key plugged in, but no option to update – the option will be found on the main plugin update page, correct?

Rob

Thanks Cam. Did free (The Events Calendar) prompt an upgrade? And your key has been verified as “valid” (ie showing the green text with an expiration date)?

Jonah
    Participant

Hey Cam,

If you’re using the PRO version of the plugin you’re using the Events List Advanced Widget which uses the override located in:

/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro.2.0.3/views/events-advanced-list-load-widget-display.php

You’ll want to override that file instead.

Let me know if you need anything else with this,
    Jonah

Ben
    Participant

So is there a way to avoid 1970-01-01 appended to events which are repeating in their url on the blog page? Those links are broken.

Rob

Hey Ben. That should be fixed in the 2.0.4 code, which we’re releasing this week – but you can email pro at tri.be now with a link to this thread asking for that code and we’ll give it to you early if you want.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • The topic ‘How to delete a single event in a series of reoccurring events’ is closed to new replies.