How to customise community submission form

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events How to customise community submission form

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Thomas Whitchurch
    Participant

Hi,

I am looking to change some of the text and fields for the community event submission form. Could you please advise me on the best way to do this? Also, once community event organisers log in, how do I set up their dashboard views?

Thanks!

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello again Thomas,

I believe our themer’s guide would be a good place to start.

You can create new templates, where you change the current labels to new ones.

The edit-event.php file will be one that you will need to modify and some others depending on which labels you want to change.

Let me know if this gets you started of if you need more help.

Cheers,
    Andras

Thomas Whitchurch
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

G’day Thomas,

It is possible to add some more text before and after the different sections in the form. But at the moment there is no other way to easily change the labels.

You can use this code as a starting point to add more text. Just add this snippet to your functions.php file.

function my_before_title() {
    echo "Text before event title";
    }
    add_filter('tribe_events_community_before_the_event_title', 'my_before_title');

function my_after_title() {
    echo "Text after event title";
    }
    add_filter('tribe_events_community_after_the_event_title', 'my_after_title');

function my_before_content() {
    echo "Text before event content";
    }
    add_filter('tribe_events_community_before_the_content', 'my_before_content');

function my_after_content() {
    echo "Text after event content";
    }
    add_filter('tribe_events_community_after_the_content', 'my_after_content');

A possible workaround for only the labels would be creating a language file / translation file and setting the site language to that. But I believe it would be tremendous work to do that, because of all the plugins.

Does the above code help?

Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘How to customise community submission form’ is closed to new replies.