[how to] Creating an event with bookable sub-events?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO [how to] Creating an event with bookable sub-events?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Benjamin Karsch
    Participant

hey there again,

the event calender pro works really nice and i´m starting to love it.

but now i´m wondering, how to create the following sceanio for my windsurf course-booking-system (event calender pro and wc tickets):
    – there is a course called “Course A + B” – which you can buy tickets for to gain access to both events (A and B) with only one booking-process.
    – there is a course called “Course A” – which of course if a part of “Course A + B” – you can book just one part of the double-event.
    – there is a course called “Course B” – which is the other part and should be bookable alone, too.

so let´s say “Course A + B” has 15 tickets available (10 in Course A and 5 in Course B). when a user is buying a ticket of “Course B” I want to reduce the availabe tickets for “Course A + B” from 15 to 14, as well as the number of available tickets in “Course B” (from 10 to 9″.
    so basically, all three events (and their available tickets) are hanging together.

how can i build that?

Barry

Hi Benjamin,

That’s a great question.

At this time, since what you’ve described isn’t directly supported, I think the sort of path I’d explore here would be sticking to two “real” products/tickets (Course A and Course B) thus ensuring each has its own inventory controls.

The third option – bundling Course A and B – might appear to the customer as a single option within the single event ticket form but could in fact be a device of your own creation that, when selected, replaces itself with the correct quantity of Course A and B tickets.

It’s possible you might even find tools to help with this from the wider WooCommerce ecosphere. Actually putting this together, however, is a customization we’d need to leave in your hands and it would almost certainly require a good working knowledge of WooCommerce development.

Benjamin Karsch
    Participant

hey barry,

i´m still trying to solve the course a+b-issue.

in the meanwhile i have another question regarding events with a duration of more than one day.
    e.g: Course E has a duration from mai 02 till mai 10.
    when i´m using the calender view today (mai 08), Course E is (of course) shown there. a click on the course shows me the details (of course) – but also the option to still buy tickets for that event. i don´t want that. users should only be able to buy into an event, is the starts date lies in the future.

so what i´m basically searching is an option like “tickets for events can only be sold, if the event hasn´t started yet.”

is there such thing as a checkbox and i just can´t find it? or is there no option like that :-/

Barry

Hi Benjamin,

We try hard to stick to one issue per question.

This helps us to serve all users quickly and fairly – it also helps to keep individual support topics focused and on track 🙂

With that in mind, please post your second question in a new topic and one of the team will be only too happy to assist further.

Thanks!

Barry

Hi!

It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.

• Need help with anything else? Go right ahead and post a new topic, one of the team will be only too happy to help
    • Still need help with this issue and need to re-open it? Again, please simply create a new topic and link to this one to provide the team with some context

Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘[how to] Creating an event with bookable sub-events?’ is closed to new replies.