How to create one recurring event with different length (in days)

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions How to create one recurring event with different length (in days)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Nicolas
    Participant

Hi,

I’m trying to create an event which doesn’t have the same length of days at each recurrence.

Ex: 1st event takes place between 1st January and 7th January (7 days). However, recurrence #1 will be 7th March until 27th March (20 days), and recurrence #2 will be 3rd July until 18th July (15 days).

How can I set the recurrences for a same event, which doesn’t have the same time length at each recurrence? As of now, when I create a “reference” event, all other events base their length on the first event ever created. What I would need, is the ability to create events which might have different length in days.

Would it be possible to add “Start/End” sets of dates for each occurrence, as it is the case of the first occurrence? Among recurrence options currently given, there would be the possibility to pick any start date, and any end date (ex: 2018-3-7 to 2018-3-27).

Thank you for your advice!

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for reaching out!

There is not currently a way to change the details for a recurring event separately from the series without actually breaking the event from the series. We are working on building out this functionality in the future, but I currently don’t have a timeline I can give you as to when this might be implemented. I would recommend casting your vote for this feature request, which will help you stay up to date on progress.

If you need further help with this, will you please post this question in our Events Calendar PRO forum? We use the Pre-Sales forum to answer questions about the features of our premium plugins for those interested in purchasing them.

If you have not purchased one of our premium plugins, you can post in our community forum on wordpress.org, which we review weekly to check for bug reports. If you need more in-depth support, you will need to purchase a license.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Nicolas
    Participant

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for sharing your input. I think its a fundamental flaw in the PRO version which needs to be addressed in the future. Based on my experience (two years using the event calendar pro), dozens of events organizers host recurring events which do not have the same length in days every time. After all, why does a same event should have the same length every time? This is basically like saying all movies by Universals should be 90 minutes long (not more, not less).
    Anyway, thanks a lot for sharing the link to the feature request 🙂 I added my input to the group.
    Thanks!

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for adding your vote to the request! I completely understand where you’re coming from. You are definitely not the first person to ask about this, and we are working on getting it implemented in the future. I’m sorry we haven’t been able to get it out the door yet! But thanks for being a long-time Pro user, and stay tuned for updates on this : )

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘How to create one recurring event with different length (in days)’ is closed to new replies.