How to completely delete The Events Calender plugins from webpage

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO How to completely delete The Events Calender plugins from webpage

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Lars
    Participant

Hi,

I struggle to find good information on how to completely delete the plugins from a webpage – without leaving traces of it.

Any advice?

Kind regards
    Lars

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Lars,

Thanks for your question! This is definitely one that we don’t receive too often, and I can just hope that there is a different reason for you wanting to delete it, then being unsatisfied with our products. In case you have an issue, then we would be happy to help you solve it to the best of our capabilities.

Completely removing it without a trace is not too easy, but here is what I would do:

1. Delete all scheduled imports
    2. Delete all events and empty trash / ignored events
    3. Delete all event categories, tags, venues and organizers and empty trash
    4. Under Events > Settings > Licenses remove all the license keys
    5. From the Plugins page delete all plugins.
    6. Log in to your ftp and delete the folder wp-content/themes/[your-theme]/tribe-events/ (this is where the template overrides and customizations are
    7. Delete the related .po and .mo translation files from wp-content/languages/plugins
    8. Use a plugin (e.g. wp-sweep) to clear out all transients from the database

Though this still might leave some entries in the database, this should still do a pretty thorough job.

For a cleaner job you would need to check in the database manually if there are any residues in the following tables: wp_posts, wp_postmeta, wp_terms, wp_termmeta, wp_term_relationships, wp_term_taxonomy, wp_comments, wp_commentmeta

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘How to completely delete The Events Calender plugins from webpage’ is closed to new replies.