How to clean up the Add event page. Please help

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events How to clean up the Add event page. Please help

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    vinuac
    Participant
    vinuac
    Participant

I want to remove old typed things on the dropmenu from the Add event page because I do not want anyone to see what I did the old list on the dropmenu that I worked on wordpress dashboard. I am using the paid community event plugin on the Add Event Page. Please check http://www.deafcaanda.ca. It helps you understand your picture clearly. Please help how to fix it.

Casey
    Participant

Hopefully I can help you out here. The easiest way to cleanup that dropdown is to go edit and remove duplicate Organizers from the site. To do that, go to ‘Events->Organizers’ and you can modify the list there.

Is that what you’re asking?

vinuac
    Participant

No,

I want the venus location dropmenu to be cleaned up from users viewing online on my website because I do not want them to see my old typed places from the dropmenu online on the website called http://www.deafcanada.ca. How does it work?

vinuac
    Participant

I want the ADD event page to be cleaned up by removing old typed lists in the dropdown menu on the ADD event page because I do not want users to be nosy with the old typed lists in the dropdown menu. So I want to know how it work. Hope you understand what I say.

vinuac
    Participant

If I removed the duplicate organizers on the organizer page on the setting, will it automatically delete them from the event calendar page? If so, I do not want them to be deleted because they are upcoming events. So I would like you to help me how to delete old typed organisers from the dropdown menu on the ADD event page on the live deafcanada.ca.

Casey
    Participant

Vinuac,
    That’s correct. Deleting an organizer will delete them completely from the site. The best way to remove the Organizers dropdown is to perform a template override and then modify some code.

Here’s how to do this:

1) Just create the following new directory structure in your theme directory: ‘/tribe-events/community’

2) After doing that, go to ‘wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/views/community/’ and copy over all files to the new directory you created in Step 1.

3) Then modify ‘modules/organizer.php’ and comment out line 38 so it looks like this: http://pastebin.com/iGgfzk9Q

That should completely hide the Organizers dropdown, so users will have to enter in all of the information for every new submission.

Just let me know if that takes care of the issue. Thanks!

vinuac
    Participant

Thanks so much for the response. Unfortunately I am not tech or coding person. So I do not know how and where to modify code. I wish your help for fixing that, if you can. I will appreciate it for that

Casey
    Participant

Vinuac,
    Unfortunately I can’t make the customizations for you, as that falls outside of the scope of our support. However, you should be able to follow my instructions above to accomplish this, or find a developer that could.

I’m sorry I’m not able to do this for you, but please let me know if you have any questions about my instructions. Thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘How to clean up the Add event page. Please help’ is closed to new replies.