How to change the "ADD NEW" link on My Events page?

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events How to change the "ADD NEW" link on My Events page?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    LaVonne Ewing
    Participant

How can I change the “ADD NEW” link on My Events page? I need to redirect it to my shopping cart.

I also need to relabel “Events” to Workshops.

We need to charge for community event submissions, so my workaround (until you develop/release this feature) is to direct “ADD NEW” links to my WooCommerce product. After purchasing this product, the user receives a link to the event submission form. Then I will manually approve the submissions after correlating with payment. Cumbersome, I know. I’m really hoping you get this feature figured out soon; SO many people have voted for it.

Patricia

Hey LaVonne,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

I hope you’re having a good week/day. Firstly, I’d like to apologize for the delay in response. Thank you for your patience all this while! It’s been really busy in the forums lately, and we’re doing our best to adhere to our Scope of Support / Terms for you and everyone else.

To change the “Add New” link in your community/list page, you have to override the community/event-list.php file:

Please copy the events-list.php file from the-events-calendar-community-event/src/views/community/ and paste it to [your-theme]/tribe-events/community/event-list.php.

Now open the file you just copied to your theme and modify line 33 by replacing:

href="<?php echo esc_url( tribe_community_events_add_event_link() ); ?>"

with:

href="<?php echo esc_url( "http://your.link.com" ); ?>"

You can also change the “My Events” text to anything you want in this same template, by modifying line 30 and replacing ‘My Events’ with ‘Workshops’.

Regarding the feature to allow users to charge for event submissions, thanks for sharing your feedback! While Community Events does not currently include built-in support for paid event submissions, we do plan to incorporate this functionality into a future product update. We don’t have an exact timeline for when this feature might be available, but you can follow our UserVoice page for this feature to keep up with the latest updates on its progress:

https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/3762678-charge-for-event-submission-and-premium-featured-e

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions at all please feel free to let me know and I’d be happy to help as best I can!

Cheers,

Patricia

LaVonne Ewing
    Participant

That worked! Thank you.

How do I access the following:

1. After an event has been submitted, I see another link that says “Submit another event”. This, too, needs to be redirected.

2. ADD NEW EVENT form: I need to add words below the SUBMIT WORKSHOP button to explain the cost for submission, approval time, etc.

Patricia

Hi LaVonne,

You are welcome! Answering your questions:

1. To modify the “Submit another event” link, we don’t have a default template override, but to help you get started, the file you want to modify is

the-events-calendar-community-events/src/Tribe/Submission_Handler.php, line 83:

$this->add_message( 'community->getUrl( 'add' ) ) . '">' . sprintf( __( 'Submit another %s', 'tribe-events-community' ), $events_label_singular_lowercase ) . '' );

2. To add text after the “Submit Event” button in Community Events Submission Form, please add the following snippet in your theme’s functions.php file:

https://gist.github.com/nefeline/c06da0f2ea3c600961427c8aed4c2a66

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Patricia

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘How to change the "ADD NEW" link on My Events page?’ is closed to new replies.