How to change layout of the add event form

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events How to change layout of the add event form

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    karenk
    Participant

Hello,

I added some additional fields in events calendar. T

I would like to change the layout on the new event form. The additional fields are now all grouped together under “additional fields” and almost on the bottom of the form. I would like to change this and be able to show the fields one by one with different headings and at a different place on the form.

I thought I saw a solution for this somewhere, but I checked everywhere in the helpdesk etc but cannot find it anymore.

Hope you can help.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Karen!

Thanks for reaching out! Let me help you with this.

You should be able to customize the look and feel of the submission form by customizing the templates. You can learn more about this in our themer’s guide.

Specifically, you might want to have a look at the edit-event.php template located at /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/src/views/community/ which is the main submission form template.

In line 77 of that file you will see the following code:

tribe_get_template_part( 'community/modules/custom' );

which basically calls for the custom.php template located at  /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/src/views/community/modules/ where the additional fields are being rendered.

I hope that helps. 🙂

Best,
    Victor

karenk
    Participant

Hi Victor,

Thanks for your reply.

I found the info on the custom.php and edit-event.php. However I could not find documentation on how to list the fields seperately. I read somewhere that this is possible, but I do not know how!

I added different additional fields that are NOT related. I want them to appear on different spots on the “add event form”, and not all together as “additional fields”.

My question is:
    How can I find the names of each additional field and add them seperately to my “add event form”?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Karen,

Thanks for following up with this.

First, please let me note that we are fairly limited in how much support we can give for custom development questions like that.

That said, we always like helping out and at least point users into the right direction as much possible.

In the custom.php template, you can see that the custom fields are being retrieved by this code:

$fields = tribe_get_option( 'custom-fields' );

You could also make use of this code in other parts of the edit-event.php template file and render only the custom fields you need to, doing the necessary checks.

Additional help with this customization is out of the scope of the support we can give, so you might want to find a suitable developer to help achieve what you are looking for. If that’s the case, you can find recommendations for custom development in https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/custom-development/

Hope it helps.

Best,
    Victor

karenk
    Participant

Hello Victor,

You refer to the code to $fields = tribe_get_option( ‘custom-fields’ ); to render the custom fields I need. Without a more specific response, I do not know how to accomplish this.

I kinda hoped that being able to use additonional fields, I would also be able to integrate them nicely on my form. Now I won’t be able to use them properly.

If you have any more tips to help me get going, it would be appreciated.

Barry

I wish we could help more but, as Victor noted, customization work like this is outside the scope of support.

If you need more assistance than we’ve already provided I think it’s probably worth calling in the cavalry and seeking help from a developer who can take your vision and implement it in code:

theeventscalendar.com/custom-development

Sorry we can’t offer more on this occasion, but hopefully you can find someone who will help you to roll out your proposed change.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘How to change layout of the add event form’ is closed to new replies.