How to change Event Page Title

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO How to change Event Page Title

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ying
    Participant

Hi,
    I inserted Event Calendar Pro into one of my pages – see:
    http://noosadays.com/whatson/

The page slug is “whatson”, but the page title remains “Event Archive”. How do I change the page title – do you provide an interface for doing that do do I have to override your event page template php file? If so what’s the best way to do it?

Thanks

Cliff

Hi Ying.

Please explain how you “inserted ECP into” your /whatson page. Did you use a shortcode, widget, or other method?

Ying
    Participant

Actually looking at that page, it’s just the standard ECP default page. I just changed the page slug from events to whatson.

Cliff

Ok. What is “Events template” set to at wp-admin > Events > Settings > Display tab? If set to Page Template, maybe try changing to Events Template to see if that gives you a different result.

The reason I suggest this is because on my testing site with only Modern Tribe plugins enabled and the Twenty Fifteen default theme active, I don’t see “Event Archive” like you do.

Let me know what you find out.

Ying
    Participant

Hey Cliff,

I have found out the cause – the title was inserted by YEOST SEO plug in.

Events is a custom post type and YEOST generated a default page title of
    %%cust_post_prul%% Arvice %% page %% sitename%%

Which kinda makes sense – that event page is an achive vie of the custom post type ‘event’

But in my case I wanted it to say What’s On, so I just changed it.

You may want to make a note of this finding so if any other users ask the question you can suggest they check YEOST.

Cliff

Thanks for the details. Here’s a snippet that may come in handy too:

Here’s a snippet that may come in handy too: https://gist.github.com/jesseeproductions/f4937c82325ab152cb24

Michael
    Participant

Hi there,

I have the same problem.
    The title of the main page says “Veranstaltungen Archiv – site name”.
    see here: http://goo.gl/cw8B3k

And yoast plugin gives:
    %%pt_plural%% Archiv %%page%% %%sep%% %%sitename%%

But I can t follow, how to change the title correctly.
    It should say: Veranstaltungen in “name of a city”

How could I achieve that?

regards
    M

Cliff

Hi Michael.

We don’t provide support for Yoast SEO’s settings and how they may override or integrate with our plugins.

The gist code snippet I linked to may help you, but it may not for your customization request.

For future reference about how this forum works, we try to keep our threads focused on just one user’s problem. This ensures that we are addressing your specific problem instead of a general group one, and not possibly missing anything unique your situation.

So if you do have an issue you’d like us to assist with, please open a new ticket of your own. If you could please detail in your own words exactly what your problem is (instead of just linking here), that will go a long way toward helping you get this issue resolved as fast as possible. I hope you understand our reasoning here and do not mind this extra step, we have just found it serves our users best.

Thank you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘How to change Event Page Title’ is closed to new replies.