how to change 'Archives'

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions how to change 'Archives'

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Mark

Geoff

At some stage I may well propose we upgrade to the PRO but for now, one ‘last’ (famous…) question:

http://visithadleighsuffolk.co.uk/?post_type=tribe_events

This is probably not within your responsibility but I cannot find how to change ‘Archives’ better still edit to say ‘2017 calender available’.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Mark

Geoff

Hey Mark!

Oh yes, the ol’ page title issue. The short answer is that you can try heading to Events > Settings > Display and changing the default calendar template setting to use the “Default Event Template” (screenshot).

The more nuanced answer is that the theme is attempting to place a page name at the top of the page in the header. And, since the calendar is a custom post archive template, the theme is automatically assigned the name “Archives” to the page because that is what it is being recognized as.

If the suggestion to change page templates does not do the trick, then I would suggest reaching out to the theme author for advice on how to remove or change the page title on a case-by-case basis. They might have a filter you can add to the functions.php file that can change it specifically for events.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Mark

Thanks Geoff, update soon.

Geoff

Sure thing! Hope you had a great weekend and definitely let me know if the template change or theme author is able to make that change.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Mark

Thanks Geoff. Unlike me, but I’m delaying until tomorrow as I’m surveying the wider picture and my involvement re this website. As for your customer service? You are award winners in my experience. What era have you come from? Will do your suggestions tomorrow and update, best to you, Mark.

Geoff

Oh man, you are way too kind, Mark! It really is our pleasure to help and it’s support from fine folks such as yourself that allow us to keep working on The Events Calendar and all our other plugins — believe me, the gratitude is mutual. 🙂

Cheers and I’ll look forward to chatting more with you tomorrow.

Geoff

Mark

Geoff, I’m contacting the ‘Theme author’ – will update you re response, Mark.

Geoff

Excellent! Thanks for the update — you rock!

Mark

Geoff

Rocked out… for now, more-like.

Here’s the update:

Hi there,

The feature which you require for your site needs code customization work, which we could not cover through this forum. Hope you can understand.
    If you still need this features then please contact our customization team.

Thanks!
    ThemeGrill Support Team

Won’t give up and will look at your Calendar Pro features and see if there’s a case – money slowly coming in for site – to upgrade

Thanks again

Mark

George
    Participant

Thanks for this update, Mark. It sounds like this issue is more or less at a stalemate for now—do you agree?

Is there anything else I can try to help you with, Mark?

— George

Mark

Thanks, yes, seems so…
    I’m proposing going to the ‘Pro’ – we’ll see.
    Mark

George
    Participant

Cool, sounds good Mark.

I will close up this thread for now to help keep things organized, but please feel free to open a new thread any time if other issues or questions arise!

— George

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘how to change 'Archives'’ is closed to new replies.