How to build a site with Age and Tour Date

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions How to build a site with Age and Tour Date

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    David

Hello,

I’m a developer, building a site for a client who needs functionality beyond what WooCommerce by itself is capable of (I was told by WooThemes support that Woocommerce cannot not do what my client needs).

My client sells tours (events) and the tours can be booked for different future dates (each tour can have multiple future dates). When a specific “tour/tour date” is booked, the customer needs to choose an Age (Adult, Child, Group, Senior) and each Age has a different price which must be assigned as the purchase price for that specific purchase.

My client needs the ability to assign a maximum stock quantity (number of seats) for each “tour/tour date” and have the system notify the customer when they purchase if the stock quantity (number of seats) has been exceeded so that “tour/tour date” is not overbooked.

The reason this won’t work in WooCoommerce is that you can’t manage inventory on one variation (which in our case would be Tour Date) and have a price assigned from a different variation (in our case, Age).

I did notice in the documentation for WooCommerce Tickets that recurring events are not currently supported (I’m thinking that our requirement for multiple dates qualifies as a recurring event, so I’m thinking it won’t work for us).

Is it possible with WooCommerce Tickets and/or Events Calendar Pro to do what my client needs?

Thanks.

David

George
    Participant

Hey David,

Thanks for reaching out to us. At this time, there are some facts about The Events Calendar that I think could indeed get in the way of your using it for your project.

First of all, there are no “tours” or anything in The Events Calendar at this time – no way to group events together, outside of the normal ways of course like with Event Categories, or Tags, or you could manually query for a set of event IDs with a bit of code and such, but there’s not a built-in way to group events together other than these methods. If you buy the Events Calendar PRO add-on, then you will gain “Recurring Events” support, which is one event repeated, so it’s still not quite a “Tour”.

(Not sure if you’re building out that functionality yourself or not, just wanted to be clear it’s not “out-of-the-box” with The Events Calendar).

As for assigning maximum stock quantity for a ticket, yes absolutely – for each ticket you can set a SKU, a separate name and price and start-sale / end-sale dates, and its own stock. Once it hits the stock number, it will no longer be for sale.

One comment in your post stood out to me that I’d like to address before closing – this one:

The reason this won’t work in WooCoommerce is that you can’t manage inventory on one variation

I’m not quite sure if you want each ticket to be a Variation or not, but with The Events Calendar on our WooCommerce Tickets add-on, each Ticket variation is a separate WooCommerce Product.

For example, if you have a concert Event and then add three ticket prices to it – one Floor ticket price, one Mezzanine ticket price, and one VIP ticket price, then each of these is a separate product in WooCommerce itself. There is not one product for the event and then each of these tickets is a variation off it – they stand alone as Products.

I hope this information helps!

Let us know what you think and if you have further questions.

Thanks,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘How to build a site with Age and Tour Date’ is closed to new replies.