How to auto import event costs from Meetup.com

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions How to auto import event costs from Meetup.com

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    nena3001
    Participant

Hello, I have my site setup to import event from meetup.com into The Events Calendar. I’m also using Event Tickets plus for ticketing.

My question is is there a way to get the cost to come in as well with the event info so I don’t have to type it in again?
    Does it have to do with creating custom fields in the WordPress compose post screen/ window?

Or is there a setting I can tweak?

Thanks!

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out! I will try to help with your question.

Unfortunately, there is not a way to import the event cost into the event from Meetup.com, other than in the event description.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions about this.

Thanks,
    Sky

nena3001
    Participant

Hi is there a reason for this?Meetup has a specific field for event cost, can
    that be mapped to the cost field to save time?

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

I’m sure what the technical reason is for not being able to import that information from Meetup.

I do know that when using Event Ticket Plus, the event’s cost field is no longer available, as this information is connected to the tickets and not the event itself.

Sorry I don’t have a more concise answer for you about why this is. I did create a test meetup event to verify this, but it does not pull the cost information in, as I thought. Feel free to visit our User Voice forum and suggest this as a feature.

Thanks,
    Sky

nena3001
    Participant

That’s too bad, but thanks for the help and I will suggest the feature!

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Glad I could help!

Please let us know if you have any questions or issues in the future.

Thanks,
    Sky

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘How to auto import event costs from Meetup.com’ is closed to new replies.