How to add text (directions) under the search (not under all the listings)

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO How to add text (directions) under the search (not under all the listings)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    fiberartnow
    Participant

How can I add text to explain how the search works, immediately under the search function (not after all the listings)? Also, is there a way to format the search boxes so they look more like typical ones (Sorry, I know it should be obvious but our audience is having trouble figuring out the search -how to identify it and what variables ECP can search on).

Barry

Hi!

How can I add text to explain how the search works, immediately under the search function (not after all the listings)?

You can customize almost anything (and our Themer’s Guide explains the basics for safely overriding and modifying our templates, so that’s well worth reading).

In this case for example you might override and add text to the modify/bar.php template – perhaps though it would work for you to add some text in the add HTML before event content field (found in Events > Settings > Display)?

Also, is there a way to format the search boxes so they look more like typical ones

You can certainly apply custom CSS styles … but what do you mean exactly? Do you basically want them to appear as completely unstyled inputs?

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘How to add text (directions) under the search (not under all the listings)’ is closed to new replies.