How to add "Speakers" to an e

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO How to add "Speakers" to an e

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Abby
    Participant

I’d like to create a custom type for Speaker (similar to Venues and Organizers) and then allow selecting 1 or more speakers when someone adds an event.

Any suggestions on the best way to do this? I have OnTheGo Toolset so could add a custom type with that, but then am not sure how I’d be able to assign speakers to the event from the Event page?

George
    Participant

Hey @Abby,

Unfortunately, while it’s quite simple to build the post type, it’s a complex thing to connect the post type to Events in a way similar to current Venues and Organizers.

So with that in mind, I would recommend just diving into The Events Calendar’s code itself and reading how the integration of Venues, Organizers, and Events is all done inside the plugin itself.

If you’re not familiar enough with code to embark on this, then unfortunately the only other recommendation I have would be to hire a professional developer to assist you. We have a list of developers here that might be a good place to start → http://m.tri.be/18k1

We cannot help with custom coding, so just to be frank there’s not much more I can share about this customization – you’ll have to take the reins from here. If there’s anything else I can help with, though, let me know!

Sincerely,
    George

Abby
    Participant

Thanks, George – I wound up using this KB article to rename Organizer to Speaker and so will just use that instead.

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/relabeling-the-venue-organizer-sections-in-event-meta/

George
    Participant

Awesome – I’m glad that was helpful. I’m sorry this isn’t easier to customize at the moment, but hope this works well for now.

I’ll close up this thread, but open a new one anytime if other issues arise! 🙂

Cheers,
    George

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘How to add "Speakers" to an e’ is closed to new replies.