HOW TO: add link for registration/login page

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events HOW TO: add link for registration/login page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Bart
    Participant

Hello,
    I’m using a non-profit instance of your events calendar and community plugin. I’m not sure if it’s possible to ask support on a nonprofit installation of your plugin, but I’m looking to add some text and a link to the registration/login page(s) at the bottom of the calendar page, so that people have a way to log into the system or register, to add new events. If it’s possible to share what page file I can edit to include that functionality, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Casey
    Participant

James,
    It’s not currently possible to add text to the bottom of the Community Login page, but you can add text to the top of the page. Just add the following code to your theme’s functions.php file and it should do the trick for you: https://gist.github.com/ckpicker/7360689. Please note, you’ll need to modify the code a little to display your message/HTML.

Just let me know if that does the trick!

Bart
    Participant

This reply is private.

Casey
    Participant

Bart,
    This is definitely possible using some of the conditional tags that Community has. To determine if you’re on a Community Page, try using this in your PHP:

if (tribe_is_community_edit_event_page() || tribe_is_community_my_events_page()) {
    // Insert code for your custom header here
    }

Give that a try and let me know if it does the trick. Thanks!

Bart
    Participant

Thanks Casey, I unfortunately couldn’t get that to work, most likely due to my coding prowess, or lack thereof. I simply amended the default header to include the links so they’re available wherever a person may be in the site. Probably the best option (and most simple) anyway.

Thanks for your continued support.

Casey
    Participant

Thanks for confirming that this got you sorted. Since it sound like you’re all set here, I’m going to mark this thread “Answered” and close it out.

By the way, if you have a minute or two, we would love it if you’d write a few words for us here: http://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar?filter=5

Thanks in advance. 🙂

Cheers,
    Casey

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘HOW TO: add link for registration/login page’ is closed to new replies.