How to add custom fields in Community Events form

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events How to add custom fields in Community Events form

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Elke
    Participant

Hi, I´m using Events Calendar and Community Events and I need some new fields in the form for the users, e.g. their name, adress and mail. Is it possible?
    Thanks for your help
    Greetings
    Elke

Trisha

Hello, Elke!

Thank you for using The Events Calendar! I can help with this ?

You can add additional fields by going to ‘Events > Settings’ and clicking on the ‘Additional Fields’ tab. See the screenshot below for a helpful visual.

Does this help answer your question? Let me know how it goes!

Cheers,
    Trisha

Elke
    Participant

Hey Trisha,
    thanks, it works now 🙂

Elke
    Participant

Now I have another question. I need this new fields only in the backend, when a user send us a new event. But this fields shouldn´t be seen on the Frontend at the single event view. How can I do this?

And where can I change the layout of the form? There are some black lines and the button is blue.
    And I habe to change the time-format into European time.

Thanks a lot for your help
    Elke

Trisha

Hi, Elke!

I’m glad this worked for you!

To answer your other questions:

1. Use this snippet to hide the code on the front end.

add_action('tribe_get_custom_fields','tribe_hide_custom_meta', 100);
      function tribe_hide_custom_meta() {
      //If viewing a single event, then return no data
      if( tribe_is_event() && !is_admin() ) {
      return '';
      }
      }
    2. It looks like your theme is overriding some of the styling on the form. You will need to add some custom CSS to get the look you want. The easiest way to add custom CSS is to use the Customizer. When you’re logged in, click on the Customize link at the top of your site. Then go to the bottom of the customizer panel and open the tab that says ‘Additional CSS’. You can add anything you want there.
    3. To change the time to European format see this snippet https://gist.github.com/andrasguseo/77073707356b4e9bc55e23bb7ebd67bc

Does this help answer your question? Let me know how it goes!

Cheers,
    Trisha

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘How to add custom fields in Community Events form’ is closed to new replies.