How to add a selection of events using "photo" presentation on the home page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO How to add a selection of events using "photo" presentation on the home page

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    pderathe
    Participant

Hello every body (excuse my English, I’m French !)
    I love the presentation using the photo template
    but I have not found the way to reproduce it in the main content of my Homepage.
    Maybe there is a shortcode ou a widget .. but I have not found it
    The widget I use here https://www.hotclubjazzlyon.org/ (Id to log : testhotclub , PSW : Jazz1917! ) is quite poor : just showing the date and the name of the event.
    Any Help ?
    Best regard
    Pascal

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Pascal,

Thanks for reaching out! Your English is great : )

To get photo view on your homepage, you can either set the default view to be photo view (under Events > Settings > Display > Default view) and then set your homepage to display the main events page (under Settings > Reading > Your homepage displays – select “A static page” and “Main events page” for Homepage), or you could also add a shortcode to your homepage: [tribe_events view=”photo”].

Let me know how that works!

Thanks,

Jennifer

pderathe
    Participant

Thank you very much Jennifer
    Your answer was very helpful.
    You can see the result on homepage http://www.hotclubjazzlyon.com

If I may I have three little questions :
    1 – where can I find a list of Events Manager Shortcodes (and their parameters) ?
    2 – how can I replace the term « Événement « by « Concert » ?
    3 – How can I delete « min » in « 21 h 00 min « ?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

I’m glad that helped!

We have a list of parameters for the [tribe_events] shortcode here, and we also have some widget shortcodes that you can read more about here.

This article has some instructions on changing the wording on your site, or you could also use a plugin like Say What.

To change the time format, try going under Settings > General from your WordPress Dashboard and changing the Time Format setting. This should get rid of the “min” on the events pages.

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘How to add a selection of events using "photo" presentation on the home page’ is closed to new replies.