How I control user access on Events Calendar

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events How I control user access on Events Calendar

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Raede
    Participant

I don’t need support, I thought I would just post my answer to something I saw a lot of people asking about, so that those that google can find it!

I was having issues getting the events calendar to show up via user role because the main events page, and the community pages (add an event, organizer, etc) are not actual pages as wordpress sees them, so I couldn’t use a membership plugin to control it.

What I did was get the plugin “WP Brain” from Code Canyon, make a condition that says “If user has this role, redirect them to this URL” and stick the shortcode directly into the php theme file by following the instructions in the themers guide here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

Then you are able to control access however you’d like for any events calendar page. Hope this helps people!

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for email support and thank you very much for the suggestion. I will go ahead and resolve this so it shows up for other users searching for a similar solutions.

Thanks again!

Brendan

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘How I control user access on Events Calendar’ is closed to new replies.