How hide the HTML code text before the event description field on submitted page

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events How hide the HTML code text before the event description field on submitted page

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Torsten
    Participant

Hey there,

I need to hide the text which I added on top of the event submission page on the event already submitted page. You know, the page that appears after the successful submission of the event.

There it should just show the success message and nothing else.

I cannot hide it there with CSS as the page seems to be identical to the actual submission page.

Hope you know what I mean?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,
    Torsten

Geoff B.

Good evening and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

You are absolutely right. The page that appears after the successful submission of the event is actually not a different page.

What you could do however is to redirect to a new page after a successful event submission.
    One idea would be to adapt the following snippet for Community Events: https://gist.github.com/elimn/ffa84662d26faadb906dc5aea2a0896b#file-tribe_event_tickets_rsvp_success_script-php

You should find the necessary hooks in /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/src/Tribe/Submission_Handler.php

Short term, if coding is not really your cup of tea, the only other workaround I could think of would be to do a view customization of the “Add Event” view and put your custom content there, just before the form (instead of in the Pre HTML section).

This way the additional content will only be tied to the “Submit event” form which should allow you to reach your goal.

You might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Torsten
    Participant

Thanks Geoff, Your 2nd suggestion worked perfectly for me 🙂

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Torsten.
    Geoff B.

Good evening Torsten,

I am super glad that that suggestion did the trick.

You are welcome back in our support forums any time 🙂

For now, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Geoff B.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘How hide the HTML code text before the event description field on submitted page’ is closed to new replies.