How do you customize the form?

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events How do you customize the form?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tony
    Participant

I would like to customize the frontend submission form. I understand how to do this (i.e. you copy the relevant files from the community folder to the wp-content/themes/my-theme/ folder) so no need to explain that.

However, I have searched through the community folder but can’t find anything resembling the markup at the beginning of the form which has the title and description.

I thought, ‘oh, I’ll start with something easy – i’ll change the width of the title text input.’ But, lo, I can’t find it anywhere in the community folder.

Where is it? What file?

Also, where do I go to edit the bit above the form that has the ‘My Events’ button and the ‘Not [username]?’? I can’t find that either.

Casey
    Participant

Tony,
    You should be able to do what you’re wanting to do using filters.

To change the ‘Submit Event’ Page title, just paste the following code into your theme’s functions.php file: https://gist.github.com/ckpicker/6795142

You should be able to change other visual aspects of your form (widht of input fields, etc) by targeting those elements using CSS. You can also add custom CSS using a filter. Try pasting this code into your theme’s functions.php file: https://gist.github.com/ckpicker/6795200

Feel free to customize that CSS to whatever you need to change the layout of that page.

Regarding your last question, you should be able to do that with a template override. Just copy everything in ‘wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/views/’ to ‘YOUR_THEME_DIR/tribe_events/community/’ and then open ‘modules/header-links.php’ and you should see the applicable code there.

Let me know if that gets you started on the right track. Thanks!

Tony
    Participant

Casey,

How do I customize the frequency area of the form?

I would like to remove all the table elements and replace them with divs, labels, and so forth.

All I see in datepicker.php for the frequency output is do_action( ‘tribe_events_date_display’, null, true ). I’ve searched throughout the whole community events folder for this function, but don’t see it anywhere.

Casey
    Participant

Tony,
    You should be able to do this by performing a template override and then modifying the appropriate files.

To do this, just create the following new folder structure in your theme directory: ‘tribe-pro/community/’ and then copy over any of the plugin views that you’d like to override from ‘/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/views/’.

The Recurrence display code is located in ‘view/modules/recurrence.php’, so you should be able to perform a template override on that file and modify the HTML markup as needed.

Let me know if that gets you started in the right direction. Thanks!

Casey
    Participant

Tony,
    Just wanted to check in and see if you have everything you need here. Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘How do you customize the form?’ is closed to new replies.