How do you add venue to single event view?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO How do you add venue to single event view?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    ncbaroqueorchestra
    Participant

I would like to add the venue…city, state or, if possible, the complete address below or beside the date and time on all single events. How do I do this? Have searched your knowledgebase and found many references to changing colors, but none for changing data!

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I’d be happy to help with your question.

In order to add the venue information there, you would need to create a custom template. For more information about working with custom templates, please read through our Themer’s Guide.

You would basically want to copy the template from the-events-calendar/src/views/single-event.php into [your-theme]/tribe-events/single-event.php and then make your modifications. To see how to add the address and venue information, check out the-events-calendar/src/views/modules/address.php

Hope that helps! Please let me know if you have additional questions about this.

Thanks,
    Sky

ncbaroqueorchestra
    Participant

This reply is private.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Please note that we are limited in how much support we can provide for customizations such as this.

If you are not familiar with PHP HTML and CSS you may have a difficult time trying to do this customization on your own. You would need to find a professional developer to assist.

Making this change without creating a custom template is unfortunately not possible.

Thanks,
    Sky

ncbaroqueorchestra
    Participant

This reply is private.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

In some cases, the license will automatically detect that you are on a staging site. If your staging URL doesn’t conform to any of those expectations, you will just need to do any updates manually.

You can read more about how this works in this knowledgebase article: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/using-one-license-live-dev-sites/

Hope that helps!

Thanks,
    Sky

ncbaroqueorchestra
    Participant

This reply is private.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

As it explains in the link I shared, if your staging setup is different that the criteria, you will just need to manually update the plugin on the staging site when updates are available. You can just ignore the notification about the license. It is not an error that needs to be fixed. This is the expected behavior.

If you’d rather not see this notice on your staging site, you would need to purchase an additional or upgraded license.

Thanks,
    Sky

ncbaroqueorchestra
    Participant

The link you supplied does not give instructions for manually updating the plugin on the staging site.

As this is not a live site, I do not understand why two licenses should be required. The reason for this staging site is to try out various customizations to make your PRO upgrade more appropriate for our concertgoers. Using the method in the article I would have to activate and deactivate the license on the main site and dev site several times. This is obviously not a workable solution. The whole point of the staging site is to try out various options, without interrupting or changing the main site. Using the method in the article would cause all formatting of events to disappear. As “Upcoming Concerts” is our main reason for having a site in the first place, I obviously cannot do this.

This is a quote from the article: “Using One License for Live and Dev Sites”.

Q: What can I do if I want to use a license on a dev site that doesn’t fit the criteria listed above on this article?

A: You can have your license on your dev site during development and then move it when you are ready to go live. If you need updates on the dev site, you can always move the license again or do a manual update with a latest version from your account’s downloads page. If you need help, feel free to post to our support help desk.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

I’m sorry for the confusion. I will try to clarify.

An additional license is not required to use the plugins on a staging site. The plugins will function on any site you install them on. The license just allows you to use the WordPress Plugins interface in the admin to update the plugins when an update is available.

To manually upload the plugin to your staging site, first download from https://theeventscalendar.com/my-account/downloads/. Then, in the Plugins admin of your staging site, click the “add new” button, then “upload plugin” and select the file you downloaded.

That’s all there is to it. You can just ignore the message about your license, and the plugin will work as usual.

If for some reason you wanted to avoid the above process, you could purchase an additional license, but that would be up to you. I wouldn’t see the need, myself.

Let me know if you have additional questions.

Thanks,
    Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘How do you add venue to single event view?’ is closed to new replies.