How do you add a new custom field as an Active Filter?

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar How do you add a new custom field as an Active Filter?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    yvlaw11
    Participant

Hi,
    I guess I thought this would be obvious but…It looks like there are only 8 available filters for the Filter bar? I thought perhaps you could add a new custom field and then use that as a filter option? This seems like quite an obvious filter? For example, I would like to list a page of events, and I would like my user to be able to filter these posts by my additional (custom) fields. For example, I would like to set an age range for events, and for the user to be able to filter the posts in the category sports, by age range. Can someone tell me how I could do this?
    i.e add my custom additional fields to my filter bar?
    Thanks,
    Yvonne

Leah

Hi Yvonne,

Thanks for your post. At this time, there is no built-in way to add your additional fields to the Filter Bar. However, we are planning on adding that feature in a future release. If you’d like to stay updated on our progress, I recommend that you add your votes and subscribe to our UserVoice thread for the feature.

If you are interested, you might also be able to do some custom work to get additional fields working with Filter Bar. You might check out this thread and this thread for some tips on how to get started. Please note however that aside from pointing you in the right direction, we are not able to provides assistance with this kind of complex customization.

Good luck, and thanks for using The Events Calendar!

Best,

Leah

Jon
    Participant

I really need this also. I only purchased this filter plugin thinking that I could filter additional fields, and if it cannot then its useless to me…

Any updates on this or solutions?

Leah

Hi Jon,

I’m sorry I missed your post. At this point Filter Bar is not able to use Additional Fields. We are planning to add that functionality, but it’s not built in yet. I’m sorry if that means you are not able to use the plugin. In that case we can give you a refund- please email support @ theeventscalendar.com and include your purchase receipt.

Best,

Leah

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘How do you add a new custom field as an Active Filter?’ is closed to new replies.