When will you release the ability to configure filter bar with custom categories

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar When will you release the ability to configure filter bar with custom categories

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Joseph Walsh
    Participant

I saw in your UserVoice page that an update was planned to allow configuration of the filter bar using custom categories/taxonomies (http://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/5568162-configure-filter-bar-with-custom-categories-taxono). My client is very interested in this feature, and is trying to plan their next move based on the availability of it. DO you have an anticipated release date? Thanks!

Barry

Hi,

Actually, it’s possible right now!

You can develop and integrate your own filters: the existing category filter (found in lib/filters/TribeEventsFilter_Category.php) is a great example that you might use as a template and as you can see inherits from the TribeEventsFilter class. Registering your custom filter can be done via the tribe_events_all_filters_array filter hook.

So doing this would require some technical knowledge, certainly, but you needn’t wait for a future release if you want to make progress here.

toerismeovl
    Participant

Tutorial video’s for non-technical users would be nice here.

Barry

Hi: I’m very sorry we missed these follow up questions. That was, unfortunately, due to a bug in our forum software (which only notified us of updates when the original poster added a new reply).

Owing to the amount of time that’s elapsed I will now close this thread and I’d ask that if you still need help you create a fresh thread (and we do anyway prefer that you create new threads where possible rather than post in an existing thread by another user): one of the team will then be only too happy to assist 🙂

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘When will you release the ability to configure filter bar with custom categories’ is closed to new replies.