How do one-year contracts work?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions How do one-year contracts work?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ken G

Hello,

I’ve not bought many commercial WordPress plugins so am unsure what it means to get one year of updates and support. After that one year, will PRO plugin and all its features continue to work, or is some kill switch flipped, requiring me to renew my license to continue using the plugin? Or is it just the updates and support that are shut off?

Thank you for your patience with this elementary question!

-Ken

Joyce Grace

Hello Ken!
    Thanks for looking into our plugin! Thankfully, there is no kill switch 🙂 You are essentially buying a piece of coded software to plug in to your site, and you can use it as long as you like, even if it gets really, really old (like using an old version of Microsoft Office, or an old version of an Apple operating system, etc.). You can use it, but if you want support for it, or if you want the latest and greatest version (which will be more stable and more compatible with the latest versions of WordPress that will be released as time goes by), then you will need to renew your license.

So in short, the one year of updates and support is just that – you get access to the latest releases of the plugin (they come out every month, with bug fixes, new features, etc.), and you get access to the support forums to ask us the most creatively coined questions you can think of to ask about the calendar 🙂

Then when the one year is up, if you really miss us on the forums, and if you feel left out of the club of Events Calendar users who have the newest features and updates, you can renew your license and re-enter our wonderful world of The Events Calendar Plugin all over again 🙂

Joyce Grace

Hello again Ken!
    I just wanted to update you with something I didn’t mention. When you start using WordPress and plugins (whether paid or free), you will want to always be on the latest versions of everything. Otherwise it is very likely things will go ka-put on you. Think of it like changing oil in a car – eventually it will die (made that mistake once, never again!)

Also, on a more serious note, not being up to date with the software you’re using can cause security vulnerabilities. It would not be fun to have your site hacked into and lose everything. It’s like buying insurance – we never think we need it until something happens, right?

So I just wanted to add those little tidbits in there 🙂

Ken G

Thank you, Joyce! I appreciate the clarifications.

Joyce Grace

No problem! Glad to have helped!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘How do one-year contracts work?’ is closed to new replies.