How do I update from Events Calendar Pro 3.3 to 3.4?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO How do I update from Events Calendar Pro 3.3 to 3.4?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Christopher
    Participant

I received notice that there is a new version (3.4) but I cannot simply upload the new plugin (plugin folder already exists) or update the plugin (no option to do so). I am cautious to deactivate and delete the 3.3 version to then install 3.4 because I do not know if my data will remain intact.

Is deactivating and deleting the recommended route? Or is there another action recommended?

I did not deactivate other plugins or revert to WP2011 because there is not a conflict. I just want to know about installing an update.

Right now the plugin gives me the following message:
    “The following plugins are out of date: Events Calendar PRO 3.3. All add-ons contain dependencies on The Events Calendar and will not function properly unless paired with the right version. Want to pair an older version?”

I do not want to pair with an older version. I want to upgrade to PRO 3.4.

Thank you for any assistance,

Chris

Casey
    Participant

Chris,
    Sorry to hear you’re having trouble here, but hopefully I can help. Have you plugged in your license key in order to enable updates? If not, just do the following:

1. Go to your License Keys page and copy your license key
    2. Next, in your WordPress dashboard, go to ‘Events->Settings->Licenses’ and paste in your license key in the box
    3. Click away from the box and wait for the license key to verify, and then click ‘Save Changes’

After doing those steps, you should be able to go to ‘Dashboard->Updates’ and click ‘Check Again’ to update to the latest version. Give that a try and let me know if it does the trick. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Christopher
    Participant

Thank you, Casey.

I suppose the root of the problem is that I have a message from Tribe in my WordPress install, admin side, telling me:
    Sorry, this key is out of installs.

My key does not expire until Nov 2014 and I am not sure where else it would be installed.

One guess is that the URL currently associated with they key was my development folder; the site has subsequently moved to another folder on the server. The folders are mapped but perhaps I should disconnect the key from the dev domain and update it with the live URL? Will I experience any data loss if I take this step?

Casey
    Participant

Chris,
    Yes, you’ll need to disconnect any sites you’re not currently using, since the personal license only allows for updates of one site. To do this, just head over to your License Keys page and disconnect access for the sites that you’re no longer using ECP on by clicking ‘Disconnect Now.’ Then, you should be able to proceed with updating the plugin. Give that a shot and let me know if it does the trick! Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

Great! Thanks for confirming that this got you sorted. Since it looks like you’re all set, I’m going to mark this thread “Answered” and close it out.

By the way, if you have a minute or two, we would love it if you’d write a few words for us here: http://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar?filter=5

Thanks in advance. 🙂

Cheers,
    Casey

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘How do I update from Events Calendar Pro 3.3 to 3.4?’ is closed to new replies.