How do I show how many tickets are available on the front end?

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus How do I show how many tickets are available on the front end?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    Participant

I would like to show my users how many tickets are currently available on the front end, on the ticket.php page and possibly even the venue/gridview/upcoming events widget. How is this possible?

Barry

Hi Mike –

You can certainly change your ticket.php template to show remaining stock – this thread might give you some ideas on how to do that.

Customizing widgets is a little more involved so please check out our Themer’s Guide and relevant tutorials (links in the Useful Resources section over on the right). A useful snippet that can help you to pull the product data for any tickets associated with events can be found here.

I hope that gives you some ideas to get started with 🙂

Mike
    Participant

Customizing the table.php view with the following code http://pastebin.com/DPBH5Nae gives the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare get_wooticket_products() (previously declared in /home/mpatino/public_html/wp-content/themes/DynamiX/events/table.php:147) in /home/mpatino/public_html/wp-content/themes/DynamiX/events/table.php on line 147

Here is the full table.php file:
    http://pastebin.com/Fg7p43Zd

Thoughts?

Mike
    Participant

Oh, and the previous snippet worked perfectly for the ticket.php page. It’s just the gridview calendar, venue calendar, and upcoming events widget that are giving me problems.

Barry

So although you can use the same function lots of times you can only define it once (and a snippet like this contains a function definition).

Though there are a few places you could you to house functions like get_wooticket_products() the best place if you are unsure is in your theme’s functions.php file – you can then use it from all of your theme templates.

In summary:

• Define your custom functions (a definition normally looks a little like function blah() { /* code */ } ) once only and place it in your theme functions.php file
    • You can then use it from all of your theme templates, at least where it makes sense to do so, by calling it (a function call looking something like blah(); )

It’s definitely well worth reading up on some tutorials to learn the basics of PHP before attempting to do work like this as there are a few bear traps out there.

Barry

It’s been a while so I guess we’re all good here – I’ll go ahead and close this thread.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘How do I show how many tickets are available on the front end?’ is closed to new replies.