How do I set up email notifications?

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus How do I set up email notifications?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mike Seyfer
    Participant

I can’t find anything about email notifications. I have Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus installed along with Events Calendar Pro. Can someone help me figure out how to set up email notifications for the event organizers as well as the notifications that registrants receive please?
    Thank you,
    Mark

Geoff B.

Good evening Mark and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

The only email notification that is controlled by Event Tickets Plus is the tickets. The setting for that is controlled under the Events -> Settings -> Tickets (at the bottom of the screen).

All other email notifications will come from WooCommerce (order, billing, etc..).

Sometimes emails are not being sent out because of something going wrong with the built-in WP Mail functionality.

You can have the system send tickets from a chosen email address by simply installing, configuring and testing the following plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-wp-smtp/

Using a real SMTP server with authentication will bypass the built-in WP mail functionality altogether for all emails. This is usually the preferred method.

Please make sure you configure and test the settings using the plugin’s built-in tool.

As for notifying event organizers, you could apply the following snippet in the functions.php file of your theme (without the PHP tag at the top): https://gist.github.com/niconerd/16770b84adb6156aaa77948bf208bacb

But first to be extra safe, before making any changes to your functions.php file, you should make a backup of that file.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Mike Seyfer
    Participant

Thanks Geoff,

I tried the SMTP way, but that didn’t work, so I found this snippet, and that worked well.
    https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/35d3c0a08e53b061920976f80f0f44b4

The other snippet you sent for the event organizer notifications works great too, thanks!

The one issue I’m still having though, is with both the notifications, both for the organizers as well as people that sign up – is that all the emails are going to the Spam folders. How can I fix this?

Please let me know how this Spam issue can be addressed.

Thanks much,
    Mark

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Mark,

I am glad you managed to fix many things. Kudos!

Emails going to the spam folder are usually a result of the sender’s “reputation” (in this case your server using WP mail).

The easiest way to fix this is the SMTP solution I suggested earlier.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Mike Seyfer
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘How do I set up email notifications?’ is closed to new replies.