How do I remove the links to the single event pages?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO How do I remove the links to the single event pages?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jeremy
    Participant

Im just going to use the event list on a page of my site and I don’t need them to link to a individual page for each event. How do I remove the link feature on each event in the list?

Jeremy
    Participant

Also, I don’t need to have the “Organizer” clickable. how do I remove that feature?

Geoff

Howdy Jeremy, and welcome back to the forums. 🙂

I think the best way to remove the link would be to override the template for the calendar’s List View. You can read up on this more in our Themer’s Guide, but here are the basic steps:

• Make a copy of the list/single-event.php file. It;s located in /plugins/the-events-calendar/views/list/single-event.php.
    • Make a new folder in your theme directory. Call it tribe-events.
    • Mane a new folder in that one called list.
    • Drop your copied file in that last folder.

Now that the template is in your theme files, you can modify it to suit your needs. In this case, remove the link wrapper around the event title:

<a class="url" href="<?php echo tribe_get_event_link() ?>" title="<?php the_title() ?>" rel="bookmark">
    <?php the_title() ?>
    </a>

You will also want to remove the “Find out more” link that follows the excerpt:

<a href="<?php echo tribe_get_event_link() ?>" class="tribe-events-read-more" rel="bookmark"><?php _e( 'Find out more', 'tribe-events-calendar' ) ?> &raquo;</a>

You also mentioned removing the Venue link. Although it will change the content a bit, I would change this line in the same file:

<?php echo implode( ', ', $venue_details ); ?>

…with this:

<?php echo tribe_get_venue() ?>

Does this help and will it work for you? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hi there, Jeremy! Just checking in to see if there’s been any update or if you still need assistance here–please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey Jeremy! This thread has been quiet for a couple of weeks, so I’m going to go ahead and close it. Please feel free to start a new thread if you still have any questions here and we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘How do I remove the links to the single event pages?’ is closed to new replies.