How do I limit the characters in the event submission description

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events How do I limit the characters in the event submission description

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Reade Brower.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Reade Brower
    Participant

I’d like to limit the characters in description on the event submission form. How do I do this and/or where do I find the following?
    <textarea id=”post_content” name=”tcepostcontent” data-gramm=”true” data-txt_gramm_id=”b32cb64a-8439-bee0-95ed-89a5694ee47d” data-gramm_id=”b32cb64a-8439-bee0-95ed-89a5694ee47d” spellcheck=”false” data-gramm_editor=”true” style=”z-index: auto; position: relative; line-height: 22px; font-size: 13px; transition: none; background: transparent !important;”></textarea>
    And can I add “maxlength= #TBD” ?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Robert!

Thanks for reaching out to us! 🙂

Unfortunately, that is not something achievable by theming the template. The event description field is actually the default WordPress post content. So, you would have to try making a customization of some sort.

Just to set expectations right, let me tell you that we can’t give support for customizations as it’s stated in our terms and conditions. That said, we really do like helping out and pointing the users into the right direction.

There isn’t an easy way to add “maxlength= #TBD” to that textarea, you could do so by modifying the plugin core files (which we don’t recommend because those changes would be lost when updating the plugin). The other option would be to write a JavaScript snippet to do that, which is not an ideal solution.

I’m sorry I can’t be of much help here. Do let me know if you have any questions and I’ll be happy to help.

Best!

Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘How do I limit the characters in the event submission description’ is closed to new replies.