How do I import multiple organizers via CSV import?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO How do I import multiple organizers via CSV import?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Marianne
    Participant

I tried using commas in between each, but that didn’t work. Thanks in advance.

Cliff

Hi, Marianne.

Please visit https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/csv-files-options-and-examples/#organizers and follow along there.

Hopefully that will get you on your way to successfully importing multiple Organizers at once.

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Marianne
    Participant

Hi – I have followed the instructions and am still having issues. The organizers are not showing up at all on the events. I have tried to include my organizers and events csv test files but am receiving an “unable to process” error – not sure what to do.

Cliff

Sorry to hear this.

I found an existing bug report where the Organizers entered by name will not import properly via CSV (I think with the purpose of updating existing Organizers).

If you change them to their respective Organizer Post IDs, then they should import correctly.

Please let me know if this works for you.

Marianne
    Participant

Where does one find the post id? And any estimate on when that bug will be fixed?

Cliff

If you click to edit an Organizer, you’ll get to a URL like /wp-admin/post.php?post=1234&action=edit — in which case this Organizer Post ID is 1234.

Here are the details on this bug:

To recreate:
    1. Create 2 organizers
    2. Import an event CSV where there are multiple organizers by name in the Organizers column, comma separated (e.g. “organizer 1, organizer 2”)
    3. Check event details, whether organizers are there (should not be there)
    4. Now import an event CSV where there are multiple organizers by ID in the Organizers column, comma separated (e.g. “1234,9876”)
    5. Check event details, whether organizers are there (should be there)

I’ll mark this ticket as Pending Fix, which means this thread should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release. However, it doesn’t look like it’ll be a near-term fix, sorry to say.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Marianne!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-17-june-2018/

We apologize for the long delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘How do I import multiple organizers via CSV import?’ is closed to new replies.