How do I find the ical-url?

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator How do I find the ical-url?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    Participant

I have just installed the ICAL Importer, and I need to know how to I find the ical-url. I have searched the documentation and forums, and there is no mention of it, yet it is the first thing I need.
    Thanks,
    Mike

George
    Participant

Hey Mike,

Thanks for reaching out.

When you say, “the iCal URL,” can you specify which iCal URL? What site are you trying to import events from?

Thanks!
    George

Mike
    Participant

Hi George,
    I’m not sure what you mean. I got the following from the guy who set up the calendar, but neither him nor I have experience with this.
    <iframe src=”https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=jesse.sbaih.2016%40gmail.com&ctz=America/Los_Angeles&#8221; style=”border: 0″ width=”800″ height=”600″ frameborder=”0″ scrolling=”no”></iframe>

If I go into the settings of the calendar he shared with me and look in the Calendar Address and click on the ICAL button, it pops up a window with this link:
    https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/jesse.sbaih.2016%40gmail.com/public/basic.ics

If I put that in the New iCal Import field, when I click Search, I get the following message, even though there are a bunch of events:

Unable to retrieve content from the provided URL.

Does the whole calendar have to be set to public? Can there be private events as well as public ones?

Any Ideas?
    Thanks,
    Mike

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Mike.
    George
    Participant

Hey Mike,

When I went to the Google Calendar link you posted, I was met with a fatal error right on the page itself:

If the calendar URL cannot even be accessed in a browser, then our plugin will likely not work with it.

Based on your last question, it sounds like perhaps this is a Google Calendar that is completely private? Or has some restrictions in place that specifically prevent the outside world / the general public from accessing it?

Is that accurate? If so, then just for testing purposes, what happens if you recreate some of the events on a public calendar, and try importing from there?

Thank you,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘How do I find the ical-url?’ is closed to new replies.