How do I change the display logic?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO How do I change the display logic?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kqed
    Participant

We would like to change the display logic so that recurring events do not appear by default on the home page if the first instance of the recurring event has already passed.

Josh
    Participant

Hey kqed,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

The solution to this will partially depend on which view of the calendar is being displayed on the homepage. Is this a widget that is being pulled onto the homepage?

Once you determine how the calendar is being displayed on the homepage, you could follow our Themer’s Guide to create a custom loop for that view within your theme. Around the single events, you could add a conditional that checks for the current date against the first instance of tribe_get_recurrence_start_dates; to show only the first instance of a recurrence.

Hopefully this will help to get you pointed in the right direction. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks!

kqed
    Participant

No, it’s not a widget — we want to change the display logic of the /events/picks/ page

Josh
    Participant

Hello kqed,

Thanks for following up with us!

In that case, you can use the Themer’s Guide to copy the “pro” -> “photo” -> “loop.php” file from the plugin into your theme and add the conditional logic around the call for the single event template for that view (<?php tribe_get_template_part( 'pro/photo/single', 'event' ) ?>)

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘How do I change the display logic?’ is closed to new replies.