How do I change the default url for PRO

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO How do I change the default url for PRO

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    David Sabella
    Participant

I needed more control over the entire look of the page that PRO shows (it mostly concerns ad placement ability) so, I created a Calendar page (it’s actually a category page because that is how my theme design works) and embedded my PRO calendar into it using a shortcode. The address of this page is http://cabaret.toscawebdesign.com/category/calendar/. But I can’t figure out how to change the links in the PRO widgets to direct them to my new page? All the links point to …/events. I tried to change the slug setting in the display settings area but that just creates a new page that replaces my page.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I will try to help with your question.

Unfortunately, the widgets will only link to the main calendar. If you need to link anything to a page with a shortcode embedded calendar, you would need to create the links manually.

Hope that helps! Sorry I didn’t have better news for you on that.

You could always suggest this as a feature by visiting our User Voice Forum.

Thanks,
    Sky

David Sabella
    Participant

How would I change the link manually? I don’t see any setting in the widget area or the CalendarPro settings to enter a manual link in the calendar widget. Is there a way to remove the “View More” link from the widget?

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

What I meant was to create some html links in a Text/code widget. There are no settings that will make the calendar widgets work with pages other than the main calendar page.

You can read more about the widgets here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/configuring-the-list-widget/. You may be able to customize some of the functionality of the widgets, but this would be a bit beyond what I can help with in the support forums.

If you need the widgets, I would stick to using the default calendar as my main calendar.

Thanks,
    Sky

David Sabella
    Participant

This reply is private.

David Sabella
    Participant

This reply is private.

David Sabella
    Participant

This reply is private.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Pasting code into the editor doesn’t work all that great. For future reference, you can paste your code in a gist (https://gist.github.com/) and just share the link.

To change the “view more” link in this template, you can just define the $link_to_all variable like so:

$link_to_all = "http://cabaret.toscawebdesign.com/category/calendar/";

Hope that helps!

Let me know if you have additional questions about this.

Thanks,
    Sky

David Sabella
    Participant

This reply is private.

David Sabella
    Participant

This reply is private.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

I tried out your code, and it is working for me as expected. However, please note that the code you are changing will only change the “view more” link at the bottom of the list widget. The individual events will still link to your main calendar.

Are you putting this file in the correct folder structure within your theme? Should go in [your-theme]/tribe-events/pro/widgets/list-widget.php

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
    Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘How do I change the default url for PRO’ is closed to new replies.