How do I activate the 'SOLD OUT' reference on the frontend?

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus How do I activate the 'SOLD OUT' reference on the frontend?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sandie
    Participant

Product page states “Limit how many tickets are available, with a clear SOLD OUT reference on the frontend once they’re gone”. It appears that to stop tickets being offered for sale when none are available, you need to enable stock control in the WooCommerce inventory settings. Once enabled, a very small ‘Out of Stock!” text appears where the ticket number selector was previously displayed on the single event page. No sold out reference of any description appears on the Events overview page. None of the other inventory settings seem to affect the output on the single event page. Are they meant to, have I missed something here?

How do I enable the ‘SOLD OUT reference on the frontend’?

Barry

Hi Sandie:

When you say that no sold out reference of any description appears on the Events overview page, do you mean the events calendar/upcoming events list? If so then no, no out of stock message will appear there. Though you could certainly customize things to make this happen.

None of the other inventory settings seem to affect the output on the single event page. Are they meant to, have I missed something here?

I’m not quite sure what you mean, can you give me an example of one of the inventory settings you have adjusted and what you are expecting to see?

Sandie
    Participant

I’m really puzzled by this product! Nothing seems to work as I would expect. I’m only changing inventory settings because I can’t find out how to enable the ‘SOLD OUT’ reference, and it seemed a logical thing to try!

My question is:
    Your product page states there is a ‘SOLD OUT’ reference on the frontend, how do I activate it?

Barry

Suppose you have ticket inventory of 100 and they have all been purchased. The ticket form on the single event page will then display an Out of Stock! notice like this.

In other words, the idea is that it self-activates according to stock levels rather than being something you would explicitly turn on.

Sandie
    Participant

Thanks for your quick response Barry. I think I failed to make myself clear. I have set up an event which is currently sold out (available tickets zero). It shows ‘Out of Stock!’. How do I make it show ‘SOLD OUT’ per your product page? ‘Out of Stock!’ is more of an inventory term, we want to use ‘SOLD OUT’.

Barry

Hi Sandie.

You can certainly change the text. If you haven’t already done so however please take some time to read our themer’s guide and also this tutorial on template overrides.

The idea would be to copy the default tickets.php template (which normally resides in the wp-content/plugins/wootickets/views directory) and place it inside your theme in a special events sub-directory. Thus your copy would be found at:

wp-content/themes/{YOUR_THEME}/events/tickets.php

You would then look for this line of code (around line 76) and change it to something like this. Does that help here?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘How do I activate the 'SOLD OUT' reference on the frontend?’ is closed to new replies.