How can we import recurring events with Event PRO and Aggregator

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator How can we import recurring events with Event PRO and Aggregator

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years, 7 months ago by creativeidentitydesign.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Though features list of Aggregator (with PRO) says following but we cant find any option to import recurring events

Recurrence support
    If you are going to be using Events Calendar PRO on your site it’s worth noting that while Event Aggregator can import recurring events, once imported they will become standalone, single events—rather than a connected series of events.

Can anyone have any idea?

Thanks so much for reaching out!

What this means is that recurring events can be imported, but they will not remain as recurring events, but rather separate events once they are imported.

You can import via CSV and create a recurring option there.  The following can provide you with some examples on how to do that:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/csv-files-options-and-examples/

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

Hi Jamie

I still do not get this. Can you please explain me that how can I (CSV) import anniversary events (more than 180k events) as recurring event at once with Event Pro and Aggregator.

Also, let me know how I can overwrite existing events by CSV import. The link provided did not help at all.

I apologize for the confusion, however unfortunately, importing recurring events via CSV is not possible at this time. A workaround is to import the initial occurrence as a single event, then go into that event and edit it to become a recurring event. That will generate all the other events in the recurrence series.

There isn’t an easy way to overwrite events, but you can change your Event Update Authority so that events will be updated automatically.

You can also add this idea to our Feature Requests, as we tend to implement ideas based on customer feedback, so your input is greatly appreciated:

https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas

Let me know if you have any other questions on this topic!

Thanks,

Jaime

Any update for this post ?

I’m not quite sure if you saw my previous response, however unfortunately, importing recurring events via CSV is not possible at this time. A workaround is to import the initial occurrence as a single event, then go into that event and edit it to become a recurring event. That will generate all the other events in the recurrence series.

There isn’t an easy way to overwrite events, but you can change your Event Update Authority so that events will be updated automatically.

You can also add this idea to our Feature Requests, as we tend to implement ideas based on customer feedback, so your input is greatly appreciated:

https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas

Let me know if you have any other questions on this topic!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘How can we import recurring events with Event PRO and Aggregator’ is closed to new replies.