How can I stop a hung Events Import job?

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator How can I stop a hung Events Import job?

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Mark!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for the “imports hanging” issue.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-17-june-2018/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Mark Evilsizor
    Participant

Victor thanks for the updated information. I have installed the latest version and done some tests.

– I am glad you have added improvements to prevent runaway import jobs which I had been experiencing. On my sites we eliminated the condition that triggered this, so I am unable to test that condition again on my sites.

– I did test the issues regarding scheduled jobs and those problems still exist
    a.) Past as well as upcoming events are imported on scheduled runs
    b.) Scheduled runs are not importing new events from the source site that are in the 3 month date range

Mark

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again Mark,

Just following up to let you know that the other issues you are experiencing were logged in a separate ticket than the issue that Victor reported on. Those issues obviously haven’t been resolved yet.

We will follow up again when that has been addressed.

Thanks,
    Sky

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Mark!

Just wanted to let you know that we’ve just released a fix on our Event Aggregator server to address the Scheduled imports pulling in past events despite the “on or after” date being set issue.

There is no need to update anything on your end, but do make sure you are using the latest versions of The Events Calendar.

We apologize for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

Please try your imports again and let us know if this works on your end.

Best,
    Victor

Mark Evilsizor
    Participant

Thank you Victor, I created an event in my source site and dated it 9/1/1967. Then I ran a scheduled import and indeed it did not import this historical event. So that is good!

I tested adding a future event and tried running the scheduled import job on my two consuming sites to see they would bring it in. One site did create the event and one did not. I will wipe this one event out and create another future test event and then take a look on Monday and see if the automatic scheduled import job ingested it over the weekend.

Sky
    Keymaster

Mark,

Thanks for the update. I’m glad to hear the other issue is now resolved.

Please let us know if you have any questions or issues in the future.

Thanks,
    Sky

Mark Evilsizor
    Participant

Sky I am not sure if this is related or if I should open a new ticket, but these ingested events have an odd behavior. Try the following.

1.) Browse to: https://www.lindahalllibraryfoundation.org/events/
    2.) Note that there are the following events on the list
    August: 3
    September: 2
    3.) Now click Next Events at the bottom of the page and you see a page that says “There were no results found.”
    4.) Now click Previous Events
    5.) Note that there are the following events on the list
    August: 3
    September: 2
    October: 1
    November: 2

Why didn’t those October and November events show the first time in step 1, or when Next Events was clicked in step 3?

Mark Evilsizor
    Participant

So to summarize, here are the open issues we are experiencing with TEC Aggregator

1.) As described in the 8/6/2018 posting above, imported events are not showing up properly in the public facing events list web page. A back and forth is necessary to see these events.

2.) On our Intranet site, which is only accessible inside our organization, when scheduled import jobs run, new events on the source site are not being ingested. But when I run it manually, new events are ingested.
    – Regarding this problem, can you elaborate on how the data flows when the import job runs? My concept of it is likely incomplete or flawed, but following is my understanding
    a.) My import job contacts a TEC aggregator website with information about the content it wants to ingest
    b.) The TEC website accepts the web address, in this case https://www.lindahall.org/events, and checks that site for new or updated events
    c.) My import job waits for the TEC website to do step b, then it asks the TEC website for the event information which the TEC website just gathered
    – I wonder if the fact that my Intranet is hidden from the TEC aggregator website is causing a problem? Is there a way to look at a detailed log of what the TEC aggregator import job is doing, that would be very helpful in determining what problem this job is running into.

Mark

Sky
    Keymaster

Mark,

This appears to be unrelated to the issues we addressed in this thread. Could you please start a new thread? This will help with tracking this issue independently.

Thanks for your understanding. I’m going to close this thread out now since we have taken care of the original issues.

Thanks,
    Sky

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • The topic ‘How can I stop a hung Events Import job?’ is closed to new replies.