How can I remove fields from being displayed?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO How can I remove fields from being displayed?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Barbara Spence
    Participant

Is there’s a way to remove the below unnecessary repetitive text that gets posted to recurring events. Takes up valuable space.

|Recurring Event (See all)
    Every 2 weeks on Friday until December 11, 2014

Default to (check) Venue and uncheck City/State “San Antonio TX” … most if not all of our meetings/events are in SA. If not, then we’ll make that clear in the event notice we post to the calendar.

When an individual clicks on “View more…” to see more events, can the default view be a calendar vs list? Month view is preferable.

Removing unnecessary repetitive text displayed on homepage will allow room to display at least 6 upcoming SATP events.

Event posting view I would like to see follows below …

Upcoming Events

From this:

Group 1 Meeting
    August 11 @ 6:30 pm -8:00 pm
    |Recurring Event (See all)
    Every 2 weeks on Monday until December 15, 2014
    San Antonio TX
    To this:

Group 1 Meeting
    August 11 @ 6:30 pm -8:00 pm
    Longhorn Cafe – Rittiman

Casey D

Hello granpasmurf,

You should be able to target and remove unwanted content with CSS, I believe that would be the easiest way. Using Dev Tools you can select the piece you don’t want and then add a display:none; rule to your CSS.

Otherwise, if you check out our Themer’s Guide, you could probably make a template override to display what you want.

If you give me more specifics (links and screenshots), I may be able to help you out more. Here are some excellent tools for uploading some screenshots!

Does this make sense? Let me know if this doesn’t work for you.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Barbara Spence
    Participant

Look at te attached screenshot. URL is:http://sanantonioteaparty.us/
    We would like to not display the “recurring” data.
    Sorry, I looked into CSS stylesheet and could not find the element.
    Thanks for your help, Casey.

Barbara Spence
    Participant
    Casey D

Hello granpasmurf,

I believe this is what you are looking for:

.recurringinfo { display: none; }

Typically, don’t change the theme or plugin’s css files, they will be overwritten on updates. Use overriding css files, or use plugins like http://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/ to add css to your site. If you check out our Themer’s Guide, you could probably make a template override to display what you want.

Does this make sense? Let me know if this doesn’t work for you.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Barbara Spence
    Participant

Thanks Casey,
    I installed the plugin, simple-custom-css and added your reference code,
    .recurringinfo { display: none; }
    Thanks for your help.

Casey D

Hello granpasmurf,

Happy it worked out!

We’d love it if you would leave us a review and let people know how much you like the plugin! http://m.tri.be/jt

I’ll go ahead and close this thread. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

– Casey Driscoll

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘How can I remove fields from being displayed?’ is closed to new replies.