How can I omit the weekends from a particular event

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions How can I omit the weekends from a particular event

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Carlos
    Participant

Events Calendar came with my theme, yet I can’t find in your support database an answer for this and people that are viewing the event are confused cause it shows this event is active on the weekends when it’s not.

this is a summer camp for kids battling food insecurity and only available M-F for the summer time.

Any insight is welcome.

Caroline

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out! If you need to schedule an event that repeats Monday through Friday each week but does not include weekends, you can use the recurring event functionality built into Events Calendar PRO to achieve this. Simply create an event and set the starting and ending dates for the first week, then click the Schedule multiple events button and set the repeat interval to Weekly. From there, it’s just a matter of choosing when your event series will end and publishing the event to your calendar! Our Knowledgebase article on recurring events provides a great rundown of the various options available to you with event series in PRO.

If you don’t have Events Calendar PRO but still need to set up an event in this manner, you can do the same thing with multiple single events. A number of post duplicator plugins exist that may make the process of creating multiple similar events much quicker–a quick WordPress.org plugin search should turn up several results. 🙂

I hope that helps to get you started here! Thanks again, and let me know if you should have any other questions!

Carlos
    Participant

Thank you. Can I upgrade to the pro version without losing any settings and
    events anything that I’ve setup to date?

Caroline

Hi Carlos,

You’re welcome; I’m happy to assist! 🙂 Events Calendar PRO is installed alongside The Events Calendar rather than replacing it entirely, so all of your events and settings will be just where you left them–no need to redo anything at all. If you should decide to take the plunge with PRO and end up having any questions about how to get things set up, you’re more than welcome to open a new thread in our Events Calendar PRO support forum! One of our team members there will be glad to point you in the right direction.

Thanks again, and let me know if there’s anything else that I can do to help!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘How can I omit the weekends from a particular event’ is closed to new replies.