How can i manage the Font Color and customize de all events link

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO How can i manage the Font Color and customize de all events link

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    studerdigital
    Participant

Hi

How can I change the font color? Right now she’s white…

On the detail page of the event, there is a link in the top left corner which leads back to the overview page. But since I created my own overview page with a short code, this link is now pointing to the wrong page. How can I customize it?

THX Michael

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

You can change colors for The Events Calendar by going to Appearance > Customize > The Events Calendar. You can also try adjusting the stylesheet for events pages under Events > Settings > Display.

To change the “All events” link that goes back to the main events page, you can customize the single-event.php template found at wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views. The link is set here:

">

This guide has instructions on customizing template files. Can you give this a try and let me know if it works for you? We’re a bit limited in the amount of support that we can provide for customizations, but if you get stuck or have any questions, I’ll be happy to point you in the right direction!

Thanks,

Jennifer

studerdigital
    Participant

When I try to adjust the color as they say, nothing happens. The font color is still white… in the screenshot you can see which font color I mean. Can you help me out?

studerdigital
    Participant

If I customize the link directly in the file single-event. php. What happens if I update the plugin or the theme? Do I have to bet that again?

And what exactly do I have to adapt here? If my target was URL https://ahorn-alp.ch/news/

<a href="”>

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

For the color, did you try changing the “Default stylesheet used for events templates” setting under Events > Settings > Display? You might need to clear your browser cache after changing it to see the results. If you aren’t able to get it changed from within the settings, then you can also add some custom CSS. We typically don’t write custom CSS for users, but if you can send me a link to an event page with the white text, I’ll be happy to see what I can recommend!

For the link, you can change the line I sent you above to:

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Jennifer

studerdigital
    Participant

Hi Jennifer

THX for your answer. If I customize the link directly in the file single-event. php. What happens if I update the plugin or the theme? Do I have to bet that again?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

If you customize the template files directly, all of your changes will be overwritten each time you update the plugin. To avoid this, you can make a copy of the template file in your child theme. We have instructions on how to do this in our themer’s guide. This way, your copy will override the default one in the plugin files, and your changes will be safe when you update the plugin.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘How can i manage the Font Color and customize de all events link’ is closed to new replies.