How can I hook in Gravity Forms to collect attendee info?

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus How can I hook in Gravity Forms to collect attendee info?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Adam
    Participant

I recognize that for whatever reason, you guys don’t seem to be in a hurry to add per attendee information into WC Tickets. (I’m sure it’s complicated/expensive to do so.)

My question is about using the WC Gravity Forms extension to collect that information on a per attendee level. Wouldn’t that be fairly simple like a conditional hook that could be added into the plugin so that “if” a form has been assigned to a ticket that it’ll appear on the event page (or checkout page) for every ticket? I don’t really need to get that information into the WC Ticket tables… if I were collecting it into GF as an entry it’d be all the same to me.

If I were to do that, what would I need to add into WC Tickets?

Barry

Hi!

I just wanted to say first of all that we definitely do realize there is some strong demand for this sort of functionality: it may (understandably!) look like we’re moving slowly on this but we want to make sure when and if we do introduce new features they are solid, meet the needs of most users and ideally work across all our ticketing solutions.

My question is about using the WC Gravity Forms extension to collect that information on a per attendee level. Wouldn’t that be fairly simple like a conditional hook that could be added into the plugin so that “if” a form has been assigned to a ticket that it’ll appear on the event page (or checkout page) for every ticket?

The mechanics are going to be pretty much what you described. If you want to gather that data on the event page itself you could simply customize the ticket form template (see our Themer’s Guide for an overview of this) and embed your custom form accordingly. If you wanted to do this on the checkout page then you would need to figure out if a given line item is an event ticket: once again this isn’t too tricky and if you review the code in this (unofficial) plugin you can see the sort of processes you would need to use.

Does that help at all?

Adam
    Participant

Barry, it does help in that in theory it could work… and work for a lot of your customers with the exact same scenario.

I could figure out where to put it on the ticket form template, but I’d need help knowing how to put the conditional statement in the ticket form template from GF.

It seems like it’d be “if a GF form has been assigned to this ticket, show the form. if not, do nothing.”

But I wouldn’t know how to create that filter because I’m just not that good at php. I’d even be happy to pay for that because it’d completely solve my WooTicket issue with 10-12 events per year. I just don’t know what it’d cost or who to hire.

If we can figure it out I’m happy to share it back with you guys via GitHub or whatever.

Regarding the unofficial plugin you linked to. That works really well… but it has the opposite problem, it needs a conditional statement that it only appears on the checkout page IF its a ticket. My problem was that I implemented it and it showed on all WooCommerce products, not just tickets. Customers were like… why do you need a name and email address for every book? 🙂

Barry

I’m afraid for something like this all we can really do is give you a pointer in the right direction – we’re not going to be able to research and build it for you, unfortunately, simply because our resources are limited.

I also realize it’s going to be tricky to take forward if your PHP knowledge is fairly limited – and all I can really suggest on that front is approaching a suitable developer and asking them to help you drive it to completion.

Beyond that, if you see areas where we could make changes to better facilitate this sort of customization please don’t hesitate to post them on our UserVoice page 🙂

As there’s not really much more we can offer you here I’ll go ahead and close the thread – but I do hope you can press ahead and build something that meets your needs.

Good luck!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘How can I hook in Gravity Forms to collect attendee info?’ is closed to new replies.