How can I get search results to bring back blog posts, organizers &future events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO How can I get search results to bring back blog posts, organizers &future events

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Joanna Shebson
    Participant

I’m trying to modify the search results so that it brings back blog posts, organizers and future events (not anything that has already happened). I know how to filter use pre_get_post to get the correct post types, but I can’t figure out how to limit the events to only show future ones. I know that I can use display=upcoming, but I don’t know how to use that it wp_query and still get the other post types I want.

Joanna Shebson
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Hi – great question.

It’s important to realize though that we can only offer limited support for customization requests like this one (though we’re happy to kick around some ideas and hopefully get you pointed in the right direction).

please email me at [your email address] when this is answered. Thanks!

Please also note that we don’t typically deliver support via email. This forum is the correct venue for requesting support and we’ll post our updates here. What I’d recommend if you haven’t already done so is subscribing to receive updates via email 🙂

To the issue at hand, are you literally using display and have you tried eventDisplay instead? What priority is your own pre_get_posts action running on? It’s worth remembering our own runs at priority 50.

Joanna Shebson
    Participant

I didn’t set a priority on pre_get_posts. I am using eventDisplay. My problem is modifying the query in pre_get_posts so that one query brings back post, organizers and events that are filtered to only show future events. I can bring back the different post types and I can bring back future post. My problem is that I can’t figure out how to combine the two.

Thanks!

Barry

OK, well how about we take a quick peek at your code – can you share it via Pastebin or Gist (or some similar service)?

Joanna Shebson
    Participant

You can see the code in pastebin here:
    http://pastebin.com/Pxy73A63
    Thanks!
    Rena

Barry

OK – and what priority is your callback running on?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘How can I get search results to bring back blog posts, organizers &future events’ is closed to new replies.